Our valued sponsor

Potential Chargeback on Shopify (how to avoid getting scammed?)

Hi Guys, someone is trying to make orders on my company which shopify is flagging as high-risk, although they are different names & address it is evident that it is the same person as the location for all is the same place in London, however upon checking the cards they are using to pay are NZ & AU. I seek your advise on what I can do, as on the first order I emailed them to ask for proof of ID & Bank statement which they have provided.

If the order is accepted and fulfilled, what is the likelihood of a chargeback? and can I counter it with some form of proof?

As the order is evidently fraudulent, would it be worth capturing the payment and not shipping the products it initially to see if a chargeback comes through?

What would you do in this situation, as it's risk vs reward since the value is quite high.

Thanks!

If the order is accepted and fulfilled, what is the likelihood of a chargeback? and can I counter it with some form of proof?
You want to ask them for signing a receipt where you state your terms and conditions as well as what they bought. So a copy of the passport or other ID where you can compare the signature is advisable.

If they refuse to provide that or if the amount is that small that it does not make sense, give up the order and refund the transaction.