Our valued sponsor

Puerto Rico

void

freedom addicted ultra relativist
Pro Member
Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
If you like the heat, beach and especially if you can speak Spanish, consider act 60 in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands. You can get 0 income tax and 2-4% corporate tax. Capital gains tax is also 0%.

I am not sure what it would take to get it with your nationality, but I have PR residence as an Italian citizen.
this comment of @ccm27 made me rethink the older idea of exploring and reconsidering Puerto Rico

how difficult is it currently to get long-term residence permit for EU citizen and what are the downsides (especially with respect to US law and potential contact with IRS)?

any other residents here?

Reactions: uplana
Dominican Republic may be better infrastructure if you take the resorts and stay there compared to Puerto Rico where I believe (have never been there) is more like the wild west!

Reactions: jafo
this comment of @ccm27 made me rethink the older idea of exploring and reconsidering Puerto Rico

how difficult is it currently to get long-term residence permit for EU citizen and what are the downsides (especially with respect to US law and potential contact with IRS)?

any other residents here?

That's my old account.

You have to take into account the Puerto Rican domestic law (Hacienda) and the US IRS and Tax Laws.