Our valued sponsor

Recent events in the USA

Then do it if you want to rof/% as long as you find a way to make it legal and profit from it then do it. Dude you are in an offshore business forum, we are here because we like to build business that are not allowed in our countries without breaking rules (there are others that do like to break the rules but I prefer to sleep well at night).

Now in my opinion collab.capital is disgusting and as a black person I don't like the idea of only targeting people by skin color. If they are alive maybe it's because they found a way to do it legally as we like to do.
Man, I got you and I agree! And...I am here in fact because I don’t want to feed the beast with my monies!
But all this s*it literally piss me off...btw it’s sad seeing that all my new communication stuff will be directly from China ‘coz I trust more the CCP than Apple or Google...

They are not private companies. They are publicly listed.
Well... that's true, you got me there. Still they can do whatever they want into their platforms as long as the law permits them.

Man, I got you and I agree! And...I am here in fact because I don’t want to feed the beast with my monies!
But all this s*it literally piss me off...btw it’s sad seeing that all my new communication stuff will be directly from China ‘coz I trust more the CCP than Apple or Google...
And you have the right to choose to use the alternative you want, how it should be.

Reactions: TacitusKilgore
In my opinion no one that is not part of my business should tell me how I should manage it if I'm not breaking any rule.
yea well thats were things get a bit complicated, rules are imaginary and made to be as needed ... I say there is a bit of a hole there ;)

I get what you mean I agree, but here with a monopolistic position the like of facebook and twitter have, they have an enormous position of power and could really influence society as a whole very badly, I think there could be some way to prevent that kind of thing to happen while still maintaining freedom.

yea well thats were things get a bit complicated, rules are imaginary and made to be as needed ... I say there is a bit of a hole there ;)
"and made to be as needed" Exactly, and that's why currently they can do it because the law permits it. Until it's change the only thing we can do is not using their services if we don't like it which is the better weapon people have, nothing changes more a business than their customers (but if customers love those services then is difficult to tell them not using it).

And, we just abolished any anti-monopoly rule in the western world. That’s why I stick with eastern countries.
And as I said, you have the right to choose to use the alternative you want, how it should be.

Reactions: nomad999
I am no fan of the idiot known as Trump but find it terrifying that one can be de-platformed across the board. Just goes to show you should never rely on such platforms for your career or income. FB, GGL, TWT and APL are the gatekeepers and one should be worried about the power and influence they have over mass communication being that so many people get and "find" their news via platforms these guys control.

Anyway things will get much worse in future for people in US. Expect far right terrorism to be a big problem there over the coming years. Too many right wing militia nutcases in US for this not to be the case.

I am no fan of the idiot known as Trump but find it terrifying that one can be de-platformed across the board. Just goes to show you should never rely on such platforms for your career or income. FB, GGL, TWT and APL are the gatekeepers and one should be worried about the power and influence they have over mass communication being that so many people get and "find" their news via platforms these guys control.

Anyway things will get much worse in future for people in US. Expect far right terrorism to be a big problem there over the coming years. Too many right wing militia nutcases in US for this not to be the case.
That’s a logical outcome. Commies pissed off a lot of people, more than 80 millions, destroyed democracy and will plum more than half of the country in poverty, terror will be what they really looked for, and anyway I don’t expect small business targeted like with BLM and other left terrorist groups.

I'm not a Trump supporter but this situation is very scary. President of the USA - supposedly most powerful man in the world yet tech corporations have the courage and power to silence him like that. USA now reminds me of Soviet Union before collapse. I find CCP more trustworthy, maybe they don't have morals (like all major political institutions) but they are predictable, they make desicions based on China national interest not some ideological madness

Seems that a lot of the right wing people moved to Parler platform. Google and Apple removed the app from their app stores. Now rumors are Amazon is removing AWS hosting services for Parlor which may send the site offline. I have no complaints there but if it can be used so easily against the right it can also be used against any platform with a non-aligned view whether left or right...scary :confused:. One needs to think carefully whether they should base their servers or platform on US companies infrastructure. Offshore hosting might be the only way forward for free speech.

Reactions: John Andrews
It tells you how stupid some on the right are to do that. They think you can insult the left on a left wing platform :rolleyes:. Broke into Capitol Hill just to take selfies and some are now facing jail for achieving nothing stupi#21. Anyway its not a left or right debate but a freedom of speech debate that this de-platforming has raised. Without freedom of speech even forums like this would be under attack :confused:.

Trump has gotten away with saying whatever the hell he wanted for four+ years, but incitement to violence, insurrection and sedition went a little bit too far. If anyone on the left or indeed the centre does that, they should also be de-platformed. The pearl-clutching on this one seems quite ridiculous.

I'm not a Trump supporter but this situation is very scary. President of the USA - supposedly most powerful man in the world yet tech corporations have the courage and power to silence him like that. USA now reminds me of Soviet Union before collapse. I find CCP more trustworthy, maybe they don't have morals (like all major political institutions) but they are predictable, they make desicions based on China national interest not some ideological madness
I am waiting for Harmony OS from Huawei, and I’ll move all my cloud to Alibaba cloud platform. I trust CCP way more than western pedomarxists. Btw I am using social networks just to redirect to my own blog/forum, anything on Twitter/Fb or related s**t - users, content, interactions etc - is their properties, so be careful where you put your marketing’s eggs!

AWS, Google Cloud ans Azure are awesome platforms to build on but I would never use them for anything related to freedom of speech
Agree 100%, I have been using their services for years but every time someone needs to host something that some government may not be happy with, I suggest them to pay more in an offshore cloud which will be safer.

China tried to cover up the Covid virus until it was obviously too big for them, and they have refused to allow access to WHO to actually find out how the virus developed -- which is fairly crucial, one tends to suspect. But you trust them. OK.
Everybody have their favorite liar I guess rof/%

Agree 100%, I have been using their services for years but every time someone needs to host something that some government may not be happy with, I suggest them to pay more in an offshore cloud which will be safer.

Everybody have their favorite liar I guess rof/%
Yep, I prefer a liar that does not harm me...you prefer the liar that directly harms you...your choice.

Latest Threads