Our valued sponsor

Reputable offshore company, does it exists?

cole

Offshore Agent
Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I need to know if one can register a offshore company that will have enough reputation to do business in the USA and Europe! I need people to accept invoices from this offshore company without asking lots of questions!?

Where to start?

It depends on why exactly you want an offshore company. Do you want no tax? Low tax? Anonymity?

Hong Kong and Singapore are considered reputable jurisdictions and offer highly advantageous tax structures. Companies there can be made anonymous either by nominees or by having offshore entities act as shareholders and directors.

I see HOng Kong listed on top 5 countries for "easy business doing" in regards to tax reporting and forming of companies. It was a report from the WorldBank I don't believe they count offshore jurisdictions like Seychelles, Belize and BVI where accounting is not a requirement :)

In the days of Internet reputation is important but who actually cares where the company is located. Most are google reviews of a business and if nothing negative or at least everything seems to be fine people buy.

Reputability here is not referring to customer perception. Reputability here refers to how other companies and financial institutions will regard you.

Banks react very differently depending on whether you are a Seychelles IBC or a Hong Kong private limited company for example.

Some companies have policies that forbid them from trading with IBCs or other offshore structures.

neal said:
What does it make sense to look into reputation towards banks if you can find plenty of banks willing to open accounts for off shore companies?
It's mostly if you want to accept payments from customers or for other reasons need to enter into agreements with other companies. For example, many companies will not deal with IBCs.

@furlong - One needs to have further details about the intended operations of the business before giving you further suggestions. Generally speaking, you're always going to find the odd persons that have a problem with the country of incorporation of an IBC, though it certainly depends on your business activity. Common consumer perception is potentially more influenced by how the company presents itself (website/ facebook/ customer reviews) and its track record.