Our valued sponsor

Should I switch to Business account?

sh1omi

May 8, 2020
Visit site
Hey,
I started to selling some digital items, no as a job or company but just to make some money from my hobby.
I dont like that my real name is showing up on the bill, should I switch to Business account? would I need to have a business documents and pay more fees?
Thanks for help :)

Welcome to the forum hap¤#"

I dont like that my real name is showing up on the bill

Why not? ns2

should I switch to Business account?

No not unless privacy is really that important. Incorporating a company for a hobby activity would make no economic sense especially if you are earning very little money. The overheads maybe too much relative to how much you are earning.

Welcome to the forum hap¤#"

Why not? ns2

No not unless privacy is really that important. Incorporating a company for a hobby activity would make no economic sense especially if you are earning very little money. The overheads maybe too much relative to how much you are earning.
Yes my privacy is important, and I don't want that my identity will be shown to my buyers.
I don't earn much (100$-150$ a month), I guess its more than just a hobby but it is not a real business too.
I now upgraded my account to business and I really like that I got more tools available, do I get more fees?

I would really like to hear if you have any advice to me. I heard about other payment solution other than PayPal but I kinda new to this.

Kind of redundant to ask if you get more fees using business account when you've already gone ahead wioth the upgrade. How about you just complete on sale and then check the fees for yourself.

By the way, be careful selling digital items. PayPal seem to be going on a rampage at this time.

You should consider selling these on a stealth account that isn't in your name. That way, you do not have to worry about privacy, and if it gets shut down, you just fire up another and carry on.
Good luck.

Latest Threads