Our valued sponsor

Should we invest our money in Stocks?

pixbix

Jul 6, 2022
Romania
Visit site
Should we ever keep our hard earned money into stocks? For example I bought a lot of stocks at discount. Like 10-30% of their max price. I bought a lot even in 2020 recovery. And guess what? I am now -40% !!!!

I was doing some research using google and i found out that 95% of people loooooose money into stocks. People will yell and sell at you "invest long term" "research" and bla bla bla, but the reality is if you were buying Bank of America Stocks in 1998, you would have now 50% of your money... Intel stocks also peacked in 2000. This are just 2 examples.

I have stocks where I am -40%, even if they pay me now a 4-15% dividends of what i invested in them.

Reactions: backpacker
I don't want to add salt in your wounds but to be clear... you made some wrong decisions and now you're not happy about your unmet expectations, correct?

Almost most companies are like this one:

IamGold example. Mining company.

Stock price worth like 8-10$/share before 2010, it peaked in 2011 at 22$, now price is 2$...and it can go even lower... i think the company is dieing, and there is no will from their mangers to revive it?

Should we ever keep our hard earned money into stocks? For example I bought a lot of stocks at discount. Like 10-30% of their max price. I bought a lot even in 2020 recovery. And guess what? I am now -40% !!!!

I was doing some research using google and i found out that 95% of people loooooose money into stocks. People will yell and sell at you "invest long term" "research" and bla bla bla, but the reality is if you were buying Bank of America Stocks in 1998, you would have now 50% of your money... Intel stocks also peacked in 2000. This are just 2 examples.

I have stocks where I am -40%, even if they pay me now a 4-15% dividends of what i invested in them.
Individual stock picking is a bit of a lottery. Thats why 'people' tell you to get a well diversified portfolio and hold for the long-term. While the stocks you quoted may be down, S&P500 as a whole is up almost 4x since 1998.

Mutual fund or ETF is an often suggested solution to this problem. However, it is important to diversify within this asset class, too. So, do not buy just one Index ETF, also invest in an actively managed mutual fund. This should give you the right balance.

Latest Threads