Our valued sponsor

Question simplified conditions for UAE retiree visa

backpacker

Pro Member
May 1, 2021
Visit site
I just came across this -> New UAE residency visa announced for retirees and this -> UAE residency visa for retirees: Who are eligible? .

The questions: Is this really for "everyone", i.e. is it applicable to retirees who have not yet settled in the UAE? Or is it similar to the Singapore option where retirees can stay after they have worked there if they sufficient funds?
Moreover, is the Dh1 million bank account option only valid for bank accounts with a UAE bank? Or can it be with any bank, even outside the UAE?

If this visa is really what it sounds like it could be an interesting option for somebody who simply wants to retire without any obligations attached.
Perhaps @Fred knows more.

Reactions: troubled soul
Puh - 180.000 AED min. income or 1M AED property investment sounds like a lot of obligatiions attached.

You can run 50 years a company and get the Residence Visa through it and it's still cheaper.

Anyway for someone that wants to live his last days in Dubai and want to have a property there anyway - it can make sense but for the majority for sure not.

Again endless pain with bank account opening for a retiree visa that exists in fact since yesterday - wouldn't bother.

Is this really for "everyone"?
Yes

Moreover, is the Dh1 million bank account option only valid for bank accounts with a UAE bank? Or can it be with any bank, even outside the UAE?
Yes, Saving and Property in Dubai.

Proof of savings letter:
Stamped bank letter from a UAE-based bank (in Arabic) of the balance amount – i.e. if property value is AED 500k, then you must prove at least AED 500k in savings to have a total of AED 1m.
- The savings must be placed in a 3-year fixed deposit in a bank located in the UAE
- The bank must issue a letter addressed to GDRFA, stating that the funds are secured as above

It is official website for Retirement Visa

Better to contact them directly.
Explain your situation. They can help you surely.
Rules and Regulations are changing quickly in Dubai.

Reactions: backpacker