Our valued sponsor

Skrill personal account instead of Revolut/Wise?

kkein

Pro Member
Mar 6, 2020
Visit site
How does Skrill personal compare to Revolut/Wise/Bunq/N26 and all the rest of the gang?
I see it's free and they write they offer free money transfer, as well as a free card.
I assume this one is an EMI and as such no ECB deposit protection, right?
Is Paysafe group trustworthy so that even with no protection, our money would be reasonably safe?

If not, what's the best alternative to the 4 EMI/Banks i mentioned above? (pls don't write Bankera, i read too many horror stories in here already)

Reactions: uplana
How does Skrill personal compare to Revolut/Wise/Bunq/N26 and all the rest of the gang?
I see it's free and they write they offer free money transfer, as well as a free card.
Is Paysafe group trustworthy so that even with no protection, our money would be reasonably safe?

If not, what's the best alternative to the 4 EMI/Banks i mentioned above? (pls don't write Bankera, i read too many horror stories in here already)

it's not comparable to traditional EMIs and not usable as a replacement for most common usecases

you don't get your personal IBAN, you're not allowed to make SEPA/wire transfers to third party accounts, they are slow, old school, two decades on the market, originally oriented to gambling industry where they are defacto standard till these days

very reliable and trustworthy service if you follow the rules and let them make some money - then there are basically no limits in volume

Yeah was using them when they were called moneybookers. Very old school company and just cannot be compared to Revolut, Wise etc.

Reactions: KJK and kkein

Skrill has been very good for me this past 2 years. Shame the card is euro only though and they don't offer multiple cards per account.

Skrill can be an alternative in some situations but can't replace any EMI like Wise or similar.

Reactions: kkein
They used to be ok when they were moneybookers, when they changed to Skrill which is a cool snappy name, I thought, maybe something that can compete with paypal (which is what you should compare it to not an EMI) ..

Here is my review in 2021, go to some black hat forum that sells crypto or offers black hat services, almost all the scammers there will ask for payment via Skrill .. That should tell you the entire story ..

Transfer Skrill - Wise or Revolut does work? anybody knows?
skrill/neteller -> wise works normally
according to skrill t&c you can ONLY withdraw to the wise account in your name... it works to any other account but good to know if you want to keep it working long-term

Latest Threads