Our valued sponsor

Software to encrypt a computer call to another, which one?

fanban

Mentor Group Gold Premium
May 15, 2018
Visit site
In all these movies you see they use computers when they call the bad guy. Is there such software that can secure a "phone call" made from a computer and where all communication get encrypted?

Something that is really secure?

do you want to make a call on to gsm cell phone or landline? or is it supposed to be computer-to-computer?

do you trust the other side and want to protect both from the adverse third party? or you want to call someone and protect yourself from being identified or tracked?

Call do protect myself only, landline or GSM doesn't matter.

exactly what I'm looking for.
second hand (disposable) phone and prepaid sim card paid by cash or phone booth?

for the first option you should avoid carrying another phone while making the call to be absolutely sure you cannot be tracked from the records of the operator

Reactions: fanban
how does it work, any link and detailed information ?
Any decent IT engineer can set it up for you in a couple of hours or less, depending on his/hers experience.

You need a VPS server that is ideally bought and paid for anonymously. An Asterisk VoIP server needs to be installed on it along with an OpenVPN server. (You could also use WireGuard instead of OpenVPN if you'd like.)

Then you need to create the VPN client certificates so that you or other people can connect to the OpenVPN server.

Finally, you need install Linphone on your GrapheneOS-powered Android and connect to the Asterisk server through the VPN. With a bit more testing and configuration you'll all be able to call each other within a secure, encrypted VPN network.

Last edited:
If you don't need to make the call through GSM, place the call over internet (3G/4G/5G) using an encrypted voice chat app such as Signal, Wickr, and Threema. Those calls are — paranoid delusions aside — about as safe and secure as it gets. Risk of interception is extremely low, but the devices themselves are risk factors.

Whatever you use, an encrypted call to or from a compromised device where for example the microphone or speakers are hijacked won't offer much security.

How about Telegram and Wickr are they secure and safe to use or same as Skype and messanger?
Telegram is not considered safe by most IT security experts I've spoken with. Wickr seems fine.

how does it work, any link and detailed information ?
there are private companies who offer these services. To build this is not as simple as installing a program on a vulnerable machine with a vulnerable server, or on a vulnerable device as someone else mentioned. You need to secure everything. Operating system, hardware, remove Google applications, yet still not rely on some old ROM that only works on older versions of Android , then network security as well. Depending on what you’re doing would be cheaper to use a private companies services for encrypted communications.

what companies would that be? links please??
i use these guys.. SecureCrypt | Encrypted Communications Provider I’ve used others but these guys have the best app, and are totally pro privacy. They use a private encrypted app not available on Google anywhere. Private infrastructure. Other companies have horrible apps. Glitchy, but this one is best I’ve used.

Reactions: fanban

Latest Threads