Our valued sponsor

Sora Bank

Seems like they just couldn't find a way to turn a profit. The bank was previously known as Bank Alpinum. I had missed that things had gone so poorly for formerly Bank Alpinum recently. Maybe that's why they were one of the easiest banks in Liechtenstein to open accounts with just a couple of years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: uranium
Actually, we had been told that we will get everything in full, that the money is not the problem. But on the beggining of March this year, they declared real bankruptcy.

I have a problem, as I was told that we are "an investment scheme" and therefore not entitled not even to the 100.000 CHF deposit insurance payment.
Does anyone has any clue what could I do in order that we get our money back?
Manny thanks in advance!

I have a problem, as I was told that we are "an investment scheme" and therefore not entitled not even to the 100.000 CHF deposit insurance payment.
Usually when this happens, a liquidator is appointed, and you have to contact them to know what the process for retrieval of funds is. This can unfortunately take weeks and months, even years in some cases.

Investments often aren't covered, meaning that even if deposits are safe, investments might not. Keep an eye on the bank's website and EAS (Payout event Sora Bank - Englisch).

Reactions: uranium
Usually when this happens, a liquidator is appointed, and you have to contact them to know what the process for retrieval of funds is. This can unfortunately take weeks and months, even years in some cases.

Investments often aren't covered, meaning that even if deposits are safe, investments might not. Keep an eye on the bank's website and EAS (Payout event Sora Bank - Englisch).
the issue is, that the Liechtenstein deposit protection scheme does not want to pay us out not even usually assured first 100.000 CHF, as I was told that we are "an investment scheme" and therefore not entitled not even to the 100.000 CHF deposit insurance payment.

the issue is, that the Liechtenstein deposit protection scheme does not want to pay us out not even usually assured first 100.000 CHF, as I was told that we are "an investment scheme" and therefore not entitled not even to the 100.000 CHF deposit insurance payment.
Cayman limited company which acts as a liquidating SPV for former seggegated portfolio. There was mostly only cash with Sora bank.

If a client has stocks or etfs, he can transfer it to other bank I believe
But for cash 100k
Please confirm

not in every case. In our case the Liechstein deposit protection scheme wants to screw us for even the first 100k for which we have been convinced, that they protected scheme. It is a vile story and I will come back with more info what they doing in Liechtenstein.

Actually, we had been told that we will get everything in full, that the money is not the problem. But on the beggining of March this year, they declared real bankruptcy.

Manny thanks in advance!

Cayman limited company which acts as a liquidating SPV for former seggegated portfolio. There was mostly only cash with Sora bank.

not in every case. In our case the Liechstein deposit protection scheme wants to screw us for even the first 100k for which we have been convinced, that they protected scheme. It is a vile story and I will come back with more info what they doing in Liechtenstein.
If such a strange / not well explained events are happening, in addition to @Sols 's recommendation below

I would recommend to contact a qualified attorney. Naturally, it will not be for free; but when I fight for 100k, it is worth some hundreds for a consultation, IMO.
My first bet for such a case would be Florian Marxer (or someone recommended by him) from Marxer & Partner (www.marxerpartner.com) but any input from some other member is welcome, I am not so well oriented in LI.

Have you read the law?

1) Einlagen sind erstattungsfähig, mit folgenden Ausnahmen:
j) Einlagen von Verwaltungsgesellschaften im Sinne von Art. 3 Abs. 1 Bst. e des Investmentunternehmensgesetzes;
k) Einlagen von Investmentunternehmen im Sinne von Art. 3 Abs. 1 Bst. a des Investmentunternehmensgesetzes;

Rest to check if the law conforms the EU directive.

Article 5

Eligibility of deposits

1. The following shall be excluded from any repayment by a DGS:

(d) deposits by financial institutions as defined in point (26) of Article 4(1) of Regulation (EU) No 575/2013;

(e) deposits by investment firms as defined in point (1) of Article 4(1) of Directive 2004/39/EC;

Not sure about your chances claiming that your SPV for a segregated portfolio is not an investment vehicle. I wish I had better news for you.

Last edited:
Not sure about your chances claiming that your SPV for a segregated portfolio is not an investment vehicle. I wish I had better news for you.
I agree you get an hard time to proof that.

If I see what courts cost in Switzerland and under the assumption that Liechtenstein is not much better, there is no point going to court.

If I see what courts cost in Switzerland and under the assumption that Liechtenstein is not much better, there is no point going to court.
Liechtenstein can be even more expensive, AFAIK.
I agree with you and with @JohnLocke that it would be probably a hard time, nevertheless, I would not personally make many conclusions from the one sentence “Cayman limited company which acts as a liquidating SPV for former seggegated portfolio.” (that remains a bit unclear to me, I admit). Just consulting a good lawyer is a must IMO in such a case. (And, good lawyers can sometimes make miracles, as we know ;) )
I was not talking about going straightly to court, it is a nonsense in any case, not only here...

Last edited:
Reactions: ilke

Latest Threads