Our valued sponsor

Strange fee structure at coinbase commerce?

tacokai

Mentor Group Lifetime
Sep 17, 2020
Visit site
Guys I need help and clarification please.

The last 30 times I have withdrawn bitcoins from commerce.coinbase.com I'm unable to withdraw the entire account balance.

Say the account balance is 100$ and I click on withdraw, MAX amount, it shows 95$ after the withdrawal, still 5$ is left on the account.!!

For several months it has been impossible to withdraw the total amount, it's annoying :(

We tried to ask them last week by ticket / e-mail system what the issue is. No answer at all. Personally I figured out that if you put the transfer to medium rather then slow or fast, you can withdraw almost the entire amount.

This is a very strange behavior and I don't have any clue.

We tried to ask them last week by ticket / e-mail system what the issue is. No answer at all. Personally I figured out that if you put the transfer to medium rather then slow or fast, you can withdraw almost the entire amount.

This is a very strange behavior and I don't have any clue.
@tacokai @Admin are you sure that this is not just a higher transaction fee, so the order get processed faster?

I believe that In order to withdraw your funds you will need to pay a network fee to miners and naturally the fees will be higher if you want to process your payments faster!

from coinbase website FAQs:

Begin quote---
Why do I have to pay a network fee to withdraw? Where does this fee go? How much is this fee?-
A network fee is necessary in order to have your transaction processed by the decentralized cryptocurrency network. This fee goes to cryptocurrency miners, not Coinbase, as an incentive to secure the network and include your transaction in a block.

There are a number of network-dependent factors that are used to calculate a withdrawal fee, making it difficult to predict these fees before attempting to withdraw. That being said, withdrawal fees for Bitcoin tend to be $1.00-$5.00, and fees for other currencies tend to be under $1.00. In general, these fees will be higher when more payments have been received.
End quote---

Last edited:
WOW Coinbase Commerce, after 1 month and 13 days your support answers with a total automatic mail:
Thank you for contacting Coinbase Support. We’re happy to help, but will need more information about this issue first.

Can you tell me what error message(s) you are receiving, and/or provide a screenshot of where you're encountering an issue?

Additionally, can you please provide the following:

1. Date of transaction
2. Amount of transfer
3. Transaction hash (if sending/ receiving cryptocurrency)

For any screenshots or images, please send them as attachments. We will not be able to see your images when they are inserted in the body of your email.

Once we get more information, we can look into this further. In the meantime, please feel free to visit the Coinbase Wallet FAQ at: Coinbase Wallet | Coinbase Help

The service is as horrible as PayPal, do they pay rent to the same landlord?

After this thread was posted something changed in coinbase, I don't see they read it, but at least suddenly out of the blue I was able to withdraw almost all money except a few cents.

If I wasn't depending on this gateway they got stick their gateway up their a*s.

I assume the long response time is about the fake virus covid-coinbase

Latest Threads