Our valued sponsor

Stuck in stupid situation - need bank account

Thank you. I already know this and as I wrote, I am a non-resident in my home country and as you state am not paying tax there even from income sourced there, unless the income is recieved to my bank there. Again, as I am not allowed to work and cannot set up a company where I live now I cannot recieve money to a bank account here. If I do that when I am able to open a bank account later I will of course be taxed here but as I am not applying for a work visa (because I can't get one) I need to recieve the income to a bank account in another country. This country, where I live now, does not look into where you're money comes from as long as you can provide for yourself (not quite right but there are workarounds). I hope this clarifies any confusion I made with my first post.

As for the utility bill I can probably get one but as I pay cash without any contract including electricity, water etc. it would be a hassle I would like to avoid. However if there are no way to workaround this I will probably have to discuss this with my landlord who will have to make some kind of bill.
I still think you've missed the point. A bank account has absolutely nothing to do with where you pay taxes. If you are not legally required to pay tax in your home country due to becoming a non-resident, and your income is not sourced there... simply use a local bank account.

But that is the point! My income is sourced in my home country as well as from other countries. So the bank account has to do with where I am paying taxes. I am fully aware of the tax rulles in my home country and I cannot use a local bank. Either there or here. And I am fully aware of

But that is the point! My income is sourced in my home country as well as in other countries. So the bank account has to do with where I am paying taxes. I am fully aware of the tax rulles in my home country and I cannot use a local bank. Either there or here. And I am fully aware of the rules here and how to work around them. But thanks anyways.

But that is the point! My income is sourced in my home country as well as in other countries. So the bank account has to do with where I am paying taxes. I am fully aware of the tax rulles in my home country and I cannot use a local bank. Either there or here. And I am fully aware of the rules here and how to work around them. But thanks anyways.
It doesn't sound like you're aware at all. There is not one country in the world that will tax based on the location of a bank account. Your real issue, as you just mentioned, is due to your income being sourced in your home country. Therefore legally, even with an offshore bank account you should be paying tax in your home country on that local income. So your options are either A/ Illegally hiding income (which it sounds like you want to do). or B/ Creating a structure to distance yourself from the income and avoid tax legally.

It doesn't sound like you're aware at all. There is not one country in the world that will tax based on the location of a bank account. Your real issue, as you just mentioned, is due to your income being sourced in your home country. Therefore legally, even with an offshore bank account you should be paying tax in your home country on that local income. So your options are either A/ Illegally hiding income (which it sounds like you want to do). or B/ Creating a structure to distance yourself from the income and avoid tax legally.

Maybe it is the word "income" you used in your first post that make confusion. I don't know. What I know as a fact though is if I am a non-resident in my home country (= am living outside) and invoicing a client there I do not pay taxes in my home country. I have already cleared that with the tax department. However, if the money arrives in my bank account there (home country) the tax department will see it as if I was living in the country and therefor will have to pay taxes there. Already cleared too.

And for the record, I am not trying to illegally hiding income as you suggest (which offends me) but it happens to be like I told in the other post. I have already told too much, so I won't go into more details. I will leave it here and will not comment further to your posts.

All I wanted was advice about opening a bank account. Not a tax discussion.

If it is possible to remove this entire thread I would like to have it done. Thanks.

Reactions: mnschwarz

Latest Threads