Our valued sponsor

The bank is being completely unreasonable !!?

thorsten

Corporate Services
Business Angel
Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The bank is being completely unreasonable as after after two years they now think my passport is fake. I offered to send them an original notarized passport but they refuse. The want me to visit a Cyprus embassy and also have the passport Apostilled. The Apostilled can only be done in the US.

Therefore what I will be forced to do is change the director to a relative that can provide a notarized and Apostilled for their passport. I have already requested the change in Belize and in a week or two will have the updated Apostilled set of corporation documents, then perhaps a week later the new directors notarized and Apostilled passport.

If the bank fails to accept the director change then we will have to take them to court so I may need the name of a good Cyprus lawyer who is not an introducer for the bank.

Yeah they tightend their DD procedures and KYC verification procedures. You may have been on their list for monitoring and for that reason they asked you to provide new documents.

Reactions: quickfix
From time to time doing business sucks and you need to come over it and move on. Get what they require or find another bank.
Yeah I did come over it, switched the bank. They are outrageous continued asking questions and requiring documents! I have found a few new offshore banks which I'm proceeding with at the moment.

If I were you, I would transfer my money to another bank as soon as possible. I just can't believe that after 2 years of using their service, they still don't trust their customers like you even if its already a long period of time since you are using their services. Shame on them!

If I were you, I would transfer my money to another bank as soon as possible. I just can't believe that after 2 years of using their service, they still don't trust their customers like you even if its already a long period of time since you are using their services. Shame on them!

This is hellenic bank or Bank of Cyprus?

Banks are the real suckers. They don't know how to believe customers but they know well how to suck.

The bank is being completely unreasonable as after after two years they now think my passport is fake. I offered to send them an original notarized passport but they refuse. The want me to visit a Cyprus embassy and also have the passport Apostilled. The Apostilled can only be done in the US.

Therefore what I will be forced to do is change the director to a relative that can provide a notarized and Apostilled for their passport. I have already requested the change in Belize and in a week or two will have the updated Apostilled set of corporation documents, then perhaps a week later the new directors notarized and Apostilled passport.

If the bank fails to accept the director change then we will have to take them to court so I may need the name of a good Cyprus lawyer who is not an introducer for the bank.
Did they froze your bank account or they allowed you to withdraw the money?

Reactions: negon
Typically they don't keep the money but just ask you for an account number to transfer the balance to before they close the account! They are flexible if you get troubles and don't take your money, don't worry. I have read that some people claim they have lost money because of this specific reason, but I don't believe them! When you digg deeper you also find out that there was much more to the story!

Latest Threads