Our valued sponsor

Transferring money using invoices

Jassu

Jun 5, 2021
Finland
Visit site
Hi,
I am an IT consultant residing in an EU state and invoicing a UK company around 10-15K Euros a month) . I am also a dual citizen EU and Moroccan.
Thinking of the best approach to avoid taxes all together? I have heard some people they just invoice the EU company to be able to wire the funds back to Morocco? Currency restrictions makes it hard to take money outside of Morocco but I don't mind. Talking to a person doing this exact same thing, told me that the invoice from Morocco does not have to have any VAT or Corporation ID if the company if the person in question receiving the funds is a freelance. I am just very surprised at this.

I am also open to other solutions given the invoicing amount

Anyway in similar situations?

Thanks

I am also a dual citizen EU and Moroccan.
Thinking of the best approach to avoid taxes all together?

The best way to avoid taxes is not to earn any income smi(&%.

But seriously if you don't want to pay taxes move to a tax free country. Thousands of people do this every year.

I guess it depends on how exactly you are invoicing the UK company and in which account the money initially lands (onshore, ofshore...?) Due to CRS just moving it to Morocco might not help you since the tax office will know you received money
But if your freelancing is only transitory and you plan to go back to Morocco I guess the money there even if found cannot ever be attacked and taxed by the EU state, am I right?
@Jassu Then also not sure why would you need an invoice from Morocco, it's the same as just moving it to an account in your name there