Our valued sponsor

UAE sets out legal overhaul of personal and family law

Nice of them to update the laws. I feel the west put pressure on them. Some good take aways from it below....lol

"Suicide and attempted suicide will be decriminalised. Until now, someone who tried to take their life but survived could have been prosecuted"

"The law will ensure "Good Samaritans" who intervene in situations where people are in need cannot be held liable for the outcome of those they help. Under a long-standing, but rarely used clause, it was possible for someone who went to the aid of someone, to give CPR or other first aid, to be held accountable for their injury or death."

"The punishment for the rape of a minor or someone with limited mental capacity will be execution."

"The new law mandates that translators are provided for defendants and witnesses in court, if they do not speak Arabic. The court must ensure legal translators are available."

Last edited:
Nice of them to update the laws. I feel the west put pressure on them. Some good take aways from it below....lol

"Suicide and attempted suicide will be decriminalised. Until now, someone who tried to take their life but survived could have been prosecuted"

"The law will ensure "Good Samaritans" who intervene in situations where people are in need cannot be held liable for the outcome of those they help. Under a long-standing, but rarely used clause, it was possible for someone who went to the aid of someone, to give CPR or other first aid, to be held accountable for their injury or death."

"The punishment for the rape of a minor or someone with limited mental capacity will be execution."

"The new law mandates that translators are provided for defendants and witnesses in court, if they do not speak Arabic. The court must ensure legal translators are available."
Do you think they crack more/in other ways if the west puts pressure on them? Like more aml, kyc, residency, wealth hunt etc.

I was following your comments about Dubai as I quite like the place and I wanted to move there soon.
However, I might pick a corrupt banana republic instead for the time being and watch the development.

Nice to hear that.

Still probably you don't want to be a dissident or independent journalist there.

Also good to know that if you're a Polish bodybuilder who becomes personal trainer of the Abu Dhabi sheikh's son, in case he makes sexual advances to you, it's not smart to reject even if you're not into some gay action. It may end in life sentence on which the judge decided in four seconds (more info with the need of auto-translate here, amazing story).

Nice to hear that.

Still probably you don't want to be a dissident or independent journalist there.

Also good to know that if you're a Polish bodybuilder who becomes personal trainer of the Abu Dhabi sheikh's son, in case he makes sexual advances to you, it's not smart to reject even if you're not into some gay action. It may end in life sentence on which the judge decided in four seconds (more info with the need of auto-translate here, amazing story).
Look, if a sheikh or sheikh's son would like to make this guy life miserable, they would make it. This guy, with questionable past related to drugs, seems to be making this up. You have to fill the pages in the book somehow, to make it look and sell better. If you are alcoholic, moving to Dubai won't make you stop drinking. There are people here who drink and drive, which works for them until something happens. And don't forget in prisons everyone is "innocent" in case if you ask someone. It's like here on this forum, everybody is innocent looking for dark solutions to screw his taxman or launder some money through Nigerian homeless prince ID card lol

(...) This guy, with questionable past related to drugs, seems to be making this up. You have to fill the pages in the book somehow, to make it look and sell better. (...)
Does using drugs in the past suddenly mean presumption of innocence doesn't apply and you are guilty without trial?

Look, this guy dumped the sheikh's son and planned to leave the country. Then he was arrested based on a tip from a "reliable source" and it was claimed meth was found on him. This was never proven with any evidence, he was put into jail, spent many months in there, then was sentenced by a judge where the entire process was: "walk into the court room, stand for 5 second, judge says "Arthur, guilty, lifetime sentence, out", and you are put back into the prison.

Probably his major mistake was that he signed a document in Arabic where he admitted his guilt.

He was sentenced to life, spent a year in prison, then the sheikh released him for reasons probably known only to the sheikh and his son. Here's some more info: Chora miłość szejka – Artur Ligęska skazany na dożywocie w ZEA (again with auto-translate). If he's making all that up, then he's a better story teller than H.C. Andersen and Agatha Christie combined.

By the way he was next cell next to Amhed Mansoor, what presumption of guilt would apply to this guy then?

Last edited:
This was never proven with any evidence, he was put into jail, spent many months in there, then was sentenced by a judge where the entire process was: "walk into the court room, stand for 5 second, judge says "Arthur, guilty, lifetime sentence, out", and you are put back into the prison.

Yup I know people personally who have been through that :confused:. They have no independent judiciary.

Do you think they crack more/in other ways if the west puts pressure on them? Like more aml, kyc, residency, wealth hunt etc.

Yes they will. Covid has weakened and hastened reforms out there. Gulf states in general are extremely weak internally and externally.

I see. The glitter and glamour is nice but beyond that, it is basically built on sand.

And it will return to the sand sadly.

Imagine being in Dubai and writing criticism such as what I have done on a public forum. You would be given your 5 seconds in court and 2 years in prison if caught.

I would not trust to live there, Dubai is a nice place for business and vacation but you want to leave the country quickly.

It's definitely not a place you want to spend time in long term. Your plane can take of from Europe land in Dubai and in that short time the laws can change.

Reactions: sargentshallots

Latest Threads