Our valued sponsor

Question US LLC: Non-Res marketing to US clients, pay US taxes?

Hey everyone.

I want to provide digital marketing services for US customers (Continuously and almost exclusively, at least in the beginning). I did extensive research, but there seem to be a lot of different opinions about whether I have to pay taxes in the US or not.

Quick:
  • There will be no office on US soil
  • There will be no US employees (Rather, I would hire independent contractors or service providers)
Some sources say that ETBUS is defined by these two factors (if not selling physical products) and therefore I would not pay taxes in the US and only personal income tax in my country of residence (pass-through).
Others say that I would have to pay taxes because I continously engage in business with US clients.

These sources are often blog articles or forum discussions from US CPAs and tax lawyers. This makes it super confusing and keeps me from paying for a consultation with an "expert". If US tax lawyers can't seem to agree, how I can trust any "expert".

Therefore I am looking for answers here, from people who hopefully have been in the same situation as me and have actual experience (and maybe can recommend a real expert)

Latest Threads