Our valued sponsor

Question What are the consequences of not paying Google AdWords invoice?

chrisgerth

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I am in the last steps of 'on-shoring', meaning that my offshore Gibraltar setup gets replaced by on-shore company setup (business grew, clients are suspicious of offshore companies so I am missing out revenue).
I currently have monthly invoicing for Google AdWords for my company from Gibraltar enabled, the new on-shore company setups has a nominee as a director and shareholder are not visible to outside world.

My question is now, can I just not pay the last invoice (we talking 30-40k EUR)? I could use the money well to bridge any financial issue while the transition of Gibraltar to on-shore setup. The Gibraltar company has no use anymore, so thats nothing to worry about.

Does anyone has insides into bill collection of Google Adwords? Do they hunt you down? How is that even possible if agreement exists between Gibraltar company and Google Ireland?

Hello,

I am in the last steps of 'on-shoring', meaning that my offshore Gibraltar setup gets replaced by on-shore company setup (business grew, clients are suspicious of offshore companies so I am missing out revenue).
I currently have monthly invoicing for Google AdWords for my company from Gibraltar enabled, the new on-shore company setups has a nominee as a director and shareholder are not visible to outside world.

My question is now, can I just not pay the last invoice (we talking 30-40k EUR)? I could use the money well to bridge any financial issue while the transition of Gibraltar to on-shore setup. The Gibraltar company has no use anymore, so thats nothing to worry about.

Does anyone has insides into bill collection of Google Adwords? Do they hunt you down? How is that even possible if agreement exists between Gibraltar company and Google Ireland?
Google may choose to file a lawsuit against your company to claim the debt. Depending on the laws of Gibraltar, they can go after director if they can prove that your company had the money but director chose not to pay the debt. Worst case they can claim that your director defrauded Google.

If the debt was around 100 eur then I'd say they would forget it. But 40k eur is a significant amount.

I dont have people inside Google, but this is just common sense. Whether Google will go after you depends specifically on the finance manager of the Google branch that is servicing your account

Reactions: KDX

Not worth the headache. Simply pay Google what you owe them.

Just discussing it beforehand makes it fraud rather than non payment
that is true... I would not be that afraid. If you don't live in Gibraltar you could care less. They can try to get lawyers hunt you down, but at the end of the day, it depends on your countries law. Where I live no one, not even Google would get the money from me.