Our valued sponsor

what is your life-changing discovery ?

troubled soul

Pro Member
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
Have you ever made a life-changing discovery that left you thinking, "Oh my god, why didn't I do this before?" It could be a new practice, a particular place, or even a shift in attitude. Whatever it may be, the impact of such a discovery can be profound and alter the course of one's life.

Reactions: TheCryptoAnt
soft level:
- democracy is evil and just another even more dangerous form of dictatorship
- current human society is broken because of defective money causing dysfunction of incentives and (price) signals that are essential for sustainability of any thermodynamic system

hard level:
- truth is a misconception and dangerous construct that we not need as well as any kind of consensual collective decision making
- there is no reality

Have you ever made a life-changing discovery that left you thinking, "Oh my god, why didn't I do this before?"

I started acting and speaking kinda dumb in front of new people a few years back. You get to see how people really are through how they treat people they deem inferior.

A bit earlier (1998) I discovered online trading, another life changing event.

For me it was in '17 but I concur. Discovering financial markets and online trading totally changed the way I saw and interacted with the world, now it's all a game of probabilities.

At the same time I discovered Bitcoin which I'd say it's the most life changing event I've had so far.

It could be a new practice, a particular place, or even a shift in attitude. Whatever it may be, the impact of such a discovery can be profound and alter the course of one's life.

I also discovered in my late 20s that if you mistreat your bitches a bit every now and then they get addicted to you. For some reason they love drama.
In connection to this, that if you are not the one that creates the drama and manages it, they will be the ones who do it and you really don't want that.

Lastly, that if you keep to yourself and lay low, you can get away with almost anything cause nobody is looking at you anyway.

Have you ever made a life-changing discovery that left you thinking, "Oh my god, why didn't I do this before?" It could be a new practice, a particular place, or even a shift in attitude. Whatever it may be, the impact of such a discovery can be profound and alter the course of one's life.
Discovering mergers and acquisitions / LBO style transactions.

Reactions: jafo
Discovering I didn't have to work in a cubicle as an employee like I had been brainwashed to do all my life.

That led to starting my own business, which later led to discovering I didn't have to live in my home country anymore, which led to discovering flag theory, which led to discovering I could easily retire early.

Now I'm trying to discover what the heck to do with my life when I wake up with nothing to do. :rolleyes:

Discovering e-Gold changed my life and allowed me to discover bitcoin a few years later.
A bit earlier (1998) I discovered online trading, another life changing event.
omg I remember e-gold, actually had some account with a few bucks in it, I tried to use it for something, like freelance payment that I had to pay someone or receive, and then convert to some other cash like MoneyGram or whatever was around at the time... was it popular at some stage, did many people actively use it?, or paypal/payoneer quickly became widespread and e-gold had a short life as a service?

omg I remember e-gold, actually had some account with a few bucks in it, I tried to use it for something, like freelance payment that I had to pay someone or receive, and then convert to some other cash like MoneyGram or whatever was around at the time... was it popular at some stage, did many people actively use it?, or paypal/payoneer quickly became widespread and e-gold had a short life as a service?
Egold was great, you could use it to exchange a wide range of goods and services. Also some successful investment funds (more or less regulated) used it.

Reactions: jafo and tyrexoid

Latest Threads