Our valued sponsor

Which is the best tax free Caribbean country to retire , if money is not an issue? (Or any tax free country in the world)

troubled soul

Pro Member
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
If money is not an issue, which Caribbean country or island is the best to retire in?
I have learned online that the Bahamas and the Cayman Islands have a high standard of living.
What are the pros and cons of each country?
Do any of you live in either of these countries?
What are the pros and cons of living there? How do the two countries compare?
Are there any other Caribbean islands that would be good for retirement?
Finally, if money is not an issue, what is the best tax-free country in the world to retire in?

Thanks

Reactions: uranium
If money is not an issue, which Caribbean country or island is the best to retire in?
I have learned online that the Bahamas and the Cayman Islands have a high standard of living.
Finally, if money is not an issue, what is the best tax-free country in the world to retire in?

Thanks
One country = Monaco

Too many to mention. But in short Cayman Islands is a British Overseas Territory and has no taxes whatsoever. Bahamas has some taxes sadly like high property taxes.

I am retired in Bahamas but was also born in Bahamas.

If you have money both will offer super high standard of living most people won't be able to get their heads around. Your question is too broad however.

St Kitts & Nevis. John Cleese liked it enough he retired to there.

You also got BVI. Both these islands have super low populations (less then 50k each) and are suited to quiet tax free retirement living and passing on wealth tax free.

Reactions: troubled soul
You also got BVI. Both these islands have super low populations (less then 50k each) and are suited to quiet tax free retirement living and passing on wealth tax free.
each Caribbean island has its own soul, you need to explore them all to find the perfect match for you.
There are none I would avoid (just Haiti perhaps).
One can also consider true nomadic lifestyle and live on a yacht while touring the Caribbean Sea.

Reactions: troubled soul
If money is not an issue it's a great place to live in. Everything works, there is virtually no crime, it's clean, etc.

Yes it is clean and there is low crime levels, but they be hanging people which ensures low crime. They hung two people last week alone :confused:.

The other problem is you need to be a millionaire to own even a good spec Toyota Corolla in Singapore :(. Car ownership costs are insane. I mean bidding $87k just for the right to own a car for 10 years. After which you must renew for another 10 years at likely $150K+ (as price of COE keeps increasing in each year). Otherwise you must export your car out of Singapore...madness. And the tax on cars is crazy.

Go look at price of a a base 911 Porsche in Singapore...lol.

I mean SGD 560k (EUR 381k or $418k) for a base 911 Carrera without options!!!!! :oops: