Our valued sponsor

which type of online business required only marketing ?

Unless you're really going to build up the data to do things on a big scale (some affiliates are delivering millions of visitors per day so they have better targeting data), I think you need to find a niche.

For example start an information resource or community about submarine beekeeping, promote it (PPC, SEO, Social) and then be an affiliate for beekeeping equipment. I'm not actually suggesting underwater beekeeping; a lot of successful smaller affiliates promote something that they know a lot about or are very interested in.
best advice here!

Thanks @EliasIT. I was thinking about @azb1's original post mentioning GoDaddy.

If you Google 'register domain name' or 'web hosting' there's already plenty of advertising, including GoDaddy themselves. It's going to be hard to compete in the AdWords auction, when you're getting a % of your competitor's profit.

Business Name Generator is an example of what I mean. Anything you do there ends up with a Godaddy referral link. Similarweb shows over 2 million visitors per month. Their keywords are a lot easier and they're not even paying Google for the traffic. That is smart referral marketing.

Reactions: troubled soul