Our valued sponsor

Who are the most aggressive and least aggresive tax authorities?

State Secretary Aukje de Vries (Toeslagen) regrets that she caused confusion Monday in a debate with the House of Representatives by quoting an incorrect figure about children of duped allowance parents who died. She said that 256 allowance children had died who were 18 years of age or older, but the number is 62 (young) adults, she reported for correction in a parliamentary letter.
Her statement sparked emotions among House members because this relatively high number could indicate the possibility of suicide. "That confusion has arisen over numbers precisely when discussing this topic is terrible and regrettable, especially also for the parents this affects," she writes. "This mistake should never have occurred. In the recovery effort, we want to avoid ambiguity as much as possible. Especially on this issue, this is wrenching."”

And then fine yourself.

Paying taxes to this government is tantamount to financing terrorism. I have no other explanation for this.
I agree with you 100%! This is so sickening...I have NO words for it. My worst nightmare has NEVER EVER been so bad. Belastingdienst/Dutch gov. make the Americans look like choir boys, frankly! stupi#21 cry&¤

Reactions: GPT and Marketint
I agree with you 100%! This is so sickening...I have NO words for it. My worst nightmare has NEVER EVER been so bad. Belastingdienst/Dutch gov. make the Americans look like choir boys, frankly! stupi#21 cry&¤
Spot on. They are the worst imo, way worse than Germany from what ive been told.
They can also cancel your passport apparently for a very minor disputed amount, smth I think in Germany is not so easy to do esp not for 4 digit amounts (but again Im not familiar with both, its just from hearsay from a few "victims of such terrorism").

But somehow the dutch tax office manages to fly under the radar and people do not know this, while on the other hand Germany being tough is pretty well known.

Latest Threads