Our valued sponsor

Why Trust Pilot not work in our industry and is fake!

fanban

Mentor Group Gold Premium
May 15, 2018
Visit site
I have been a member of this forum for quite a few years. If there is one thing I have noticed, it is that the only ones who leave a review of a service, company or whatever they have now bought are those who are dissatisfied, not of legal age, or have been cheated. Especially those aged 18 - 25 are the first to react to Trust Pilot when things are not exactly as their underdeveloped brains have thought.

It is clear to see that all those who have experience, are well educated, have had an online business for a number of years, avoid Trust Pilot, even if things may not be exactly as they should be or because they have just disagreed with the seller / buyer.

In our industry, here I am talking about all those who buy services, let's call it, to reduce taxes or to hide, there is NO ONE who will write a serious review. They stay far away. Even those who have lost money in a trade avoid it.

Why? Quite simply, there are no well-functioning people who will flag that they will avoid paying taxes or that they have even thought the idea!

Trust Pilot is not for OffshoreCorpTalk users and service related, all reviews you will find about such services on Trust Pilot are either fake or competitors to similar service.

Think about it!!

I totally agree with you, I have been around for centuries in this industry, have seen the most and Trust Pilot is defiantly not something to be used with Offshore services.

Our community can therefore help to shed light on many of the services that are traded with.

Reactions: bastard
Trust pilot and review sites in general including google are not credible, for one, a customer is far more likely to post a negative review than a positive, so, if there are many positives, this indicates possible incentives by the company to legitimate reviewers or paid positive reviews. Likewise, fake reviews are everywhere, paid or done by the company themselves, be it positive or negative ( sabotage )

The negative reviews on banks are legit. Those that mods don’t manage to remove, that is.
If you learn to read between the lines, including the owners’ replies, you get a fair idea of the company being reviewed, similarly to TripAdvisor for hotels.
For example, stay away from any company using copy paste replies. If they are unable to write a personalized answer, it means they consider customers an annoyance, not an asset.

Reactions: bastard
it's not worth it for niche businesses. Lawyers have have the same issue. If you have a client that has used a top lawyer but lost the case people put up a negative review on them on Trustpilot... it's just dump.

Unfortunately a Trustpilot score is the benchmark by which a lot of people judge companies these days, rightly or wrongly.

The worst part about Trustpilot is that someone can set up a public profile for your company if there isn’t one already. So, there isn’t really a way to completely avoid it.

I’m in e-commerce, and thankfully my stores have solid ratings which are relatively easy to maintain, however, if I was in an industry with a high risk of negative reviews I would simply bring on fake review vendors and each time I got a negative review I would instantly deploy 10-15 5* reviews to be drip-fed over a couple of weeks.

Honestly, it’s not that hard to game the system although you need to know what you’re doing to avoid trustpilot’s fake review detection algorithm

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
Unfortunately a Trustpilot score is the benchmark by which a lot of people judge companies these days, rightly or wrongly.

The worst part about Trustpilot is that someone can set up a public profile for your company if there isn’t one already. So, there isn’t really a way to completely avoid it.

I’m in e-commerce, and thankfully my stores have solid ratings which are relatively easy to maintain, however, if I was in an industry with a high risk of negative reviews I would simply bring on fake review vendors and each time I got a negative review I would instantly deploy 10-15 5* reviews to be drip-fed over a couple of weeks.

Honestly, it’s not that hard to game the system although you need to know what you’re doing to avoid trustpilot’s fake review detection algorithm
Any suggestion for “legit” TrustPilot reviewers?

Any suggestion for “legit” TrustPilot reviewers?
I found a couple of vendors on one of the large internet marketing/SEO forums.

It can be a hit or a miss but if they are able to provide geographically targeted reviews and allow you to order them in a drip-feed manner you should have reasonable success.

I’d never recommend using these types of review exclusively but they can be a valuable tool to fight back against completely unreasonable reviewers