Our valued sponsor

Wirex blocks my transfers

LisaSimpson

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
So, I wanted to convert Euros in Bitcoins today and Wirex displayed this message saying: "we're vertifying your information". I already verified my account a long time ago. The last time I deposited money was several weeks ago.
I think they just want to block me because everybody buys bitcoins right now as the bitcoin value is increasing vs Fiat money.
To verify your information is just an excuse to prevent you to transfer money out of the Wirex account. Be aware they do this type of move.
Bad really bad.

1609611564122.png

That's a typical behaviour for EMIs, they can keep you in the KYC loop for a very long time. I know that most people would call traditional banks evil, but they at least have a physical office which you can visit and withdraw your money from =)

For your information, This "verification" of my account is in fact a suspension. I am not able to buy any crypto currencies. I am not able to transfer money out of wirex. I can't add funds to the card. I know that our admin does not like trustpilot. I have read the reviews and wirex has a lot of bad reviews lately

Last edited:
Wirex will play dumb and delay your re-verification process with any excuse they can find, they did this to me and hearing the same from friends recently. If anyone still has funds there I'd advise withdrawing any significant amount asap.

I had the same problem as you, but once they verified my address and id all is okay, even though they verified the documents i had the same problem until i contacted them and they fixed it ( i guess the verified the docs but forgot to unlock the account).

the problem since 01 January is that European users lost their iban and new ones were not assigned till today. Hopefully everything gets sorted asap

I know what happened.
On the 23th of december, I received an email from Wirex where I was asked to deliver a proof of address. Be aware I did it a long time ago when I opened the wirex account. On the 24th of december I have sent them a bank statement. Since nobody on their side looked into my proof of address, my account was suspended on the 2nd or the 3rd of January. Then, somebody solved the problem on the 4th of January because they just decided to look at my proof address and press a button.

This means that nobody was working in their verification team between the 24th of december and the 4th of January.
Also, it means they have a program in place which automatically suspends the customer account if the proof of address was not performed.

@LisaSimpson do you still see the iban details on your account? Mine disappeared on 01 January and it looks like wirex couldn’t arrange a partnership with UAB till today.
Yes, I can see Iban details to receive money when I go to Euro account and account details (little house icon)

I opened a crypto.com account hoping it will replace wirex. I have uploaded my ID, I hope I will get confirmed quickly.

I tried to open a bitwala account but the verification process is annoying. It is a cam2cam verification process. I went through the verification but then the application froze, and they didn't confirm my account.

Apart from this, you can also try bankera and spectrocoin.

Latest Threads