Our valued sponsor

Wise Swift Transfer: Address Line

lenovoadd

Aug 23, 2022
EU
Visit site
How does a wise Swift/ Sepa transfer look like for the receiver? Usually the sender’s address is provided, so in case of Wise would the receiver see the address information you have set up with Wise, or would that be some other address, i.e. Wise’s, also would there be any difference if inside/ outside Sepa?

The address of the remitter is always included on wire transfers, but not all banks show it to the recipient/customer.

Wise sometimes sends money from pooled accounts, in which case Wise's address is the remitter address. In such cases, they usually indicate the original remitter in some other field.

The messages are almost identical for SEPA and non-SEPA, except that SEPA is a little more simplified since there are no intermediary banks and some types of SWIFT messages aren't applicable.

The address of the remitter is always included on wire transfers, but not all banks show it to the recipient/customer.

Wise sometimes sends money from pooled accounts, in which case Wise's address is the remitter address. In such cases, they usually indicate the original remitter in some other field.

The messages are almost identical for SEPA and non-SEPA, except that SEPA is a little more simplified since there are no intermediary banks and some types of SWIFT messages aren't applicable.
I have a simple question. If I send a payment from a wise GBP balance to a local receiver in the UK, will my recepient see the sender as wise payment ltd or as my company name?
Wise support gives weird vague replies
I don't want to test this and get my money stuck if the receiver doesn't know who sent the funds

I have a simple question. If I send a payment from a wise GBP balance to a local receiver in the UK, will my recepient see the sender as wise payment ltd or as my company name?
They will see your company name.

In some cases, Wise pays on your behalf. But I have never (in the last 5+ years) seen them do that for EUR or GBP transactions. But it can still happen for other currencies.

I have only seen the company name on transfers never my personal name.

Latest Threads