Our valued sponsor

Your Ledger assets might be vulnerable

dirtyharry

Pro Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Dear client,

We regret to inform you that Ledger has experienced a security breach affecting approximately 86,000 of our customers and that the wallet associated with your e-mail address XXXX is within those affected by the breach.

Namely, on Thursday, October 29th 2020, our forensics team has found several of the Ledger Live administrative servers to be infected with malware.

At this moment, it's technically impossible to conclusively assess the severity and the scope of the data breach. Due to these circumstances, we must assume that your cryptocurrency assets are at risk of being stolen.

If you're receiving this e-mail, it's because you've been affected by the breach. In order to protect your assets, please download the latest version of Ledger Live and follow the instructions to set up a new PIN for your wallet.

Sincerly,
Ledger

Do you guys believe it is real? I ask because they send it to an e-mail which I did not use for any Ledger nanono setup!

The e-mail is send from: [email protected]-client.email

Reactions: cyprusbanker
Good update thus far, and to note that it was sent to an email, you never used for the nano setup, this clarifies that a rotten fish is within the vicinity...

More so i noted the email quoted
[email protected]-client.email

The email string is fishy as well..having the dot com-client.email...raises some questions.

Sometime back a member also notified of the same scenario. cof%¤#

The ledger live is an app to manage your ledger device, the password (private key) for your crypto is held inside your device and on the paper you filled during the installation and nowhere else and never leaves the devices, so it can't be compromised.
This is an offline app, there is no account information stored anywhere except probably some kind of analytics.
Be very careful if you don't understand the basis of crypto or you will lose everything very easily with that kind of scam email.

We already mentioned this email in another post