Our valued sponsor

Blackcatcard migration - difficulties with incoming/outgoing SEPA transfers

So do you guys reckon it's safe to use?
R U kidding? ;)
(At least until everything clears up, I do not consider them safe.)
What might be a better alternative?
I am not a crypto professional, however my first ideas would be Swissborg and Nebeus (the latter is not much cheap, though).

Please be aware that Blackcatcard is currently undergoing switching SEPA payments providers which results in temporary delay in payments conduction. We understand how important this is to you and thank you for your trust in us. Our technical team is actively working on resolving this issue with the utmost urgency and efficiency.

Please note that all card operations are fully available and not affected, so you can pay online and offline with your Blackcatcard as usual.

We apologize for any inconvenience this switch may cause and will keep you informed with updates on the situation and notify you as soon as SEPA transfers are back.

Their support response. "switching SEPA provider" makes no sense to me.

I would be concerned - as this appears at the same time of the release of such news : Over 100 searches and four arrests in Latvia, Germany, France, Italy and Malta against financial institution involved in money laundering.

My guess is that those events are connected.
looks like the website is down

This article seems to present a different perspective

Last edited:
looks like the website is down
Eurojust site down rof/%
This article seems to present a different perspective

The op is a big flop started by paranoid baltoids.

For me the website and mobile app are still working.
Blackcat and papaya websites are up and running, everything is working except SEPA transfers in and out.

Reactions: ilke
I've had 2 payments sent to Blackcatcard recently and none of them has been credited, nor have they gone back to sender yet. I have a €4K balance there and thinking about getting it out of there. Who got their money out of Blackcatcard, what did you do, just withdraw via card or wire transferred it somewhere else?

Thank you for waiting! Dear customer, your request has been received. We will check whether these transfers were received after the functionality of SEPA payments is restored and we will inform you about the result. If you want to check whether the transfer was canceled and returned to the sender, please contact the sender's bank for clarification. May I assist you with anything else at the moment?

I've had 2 payments sent to Blackcatcard recently and none of them has been credited, nor have they gone back to sender yet. I have a €4K balance there and thinking about getting it out of there. Who got their money out of Blackcatcard, what did you do, just withdraw via card or wire transferred it somewhere else?

Thank you for waiting! Dear customer, your request has been received. We will check whether these transfers were received after the functionality of SEPA payments is restored and we will inform you about the result. If you want to check whether the transfer was canceled and returned to the sender, please contact the sender's bank for clarification. May I assist you with anything else at the moment?
Withdraw with crypto

Withdraw with crypto
I don't have any crypto, should I buy crypto then withdraw? Bank transfers out don't work? I just tried withdrawing with the card and the service is not available.

I just tried buying crypto via the app but the service is not working.

Crypto not working.
Card not working.
Payments in and out not working.

This excuse about a SEPA malfunction is not the whole story I'm fearing here..

Last edited:
From BCC facebook:
Dear Customers,
We would like to share more information with you about the temporary discontinuation of SEPA, why it happened, why we were not able to notify you in advance, and what will happen next.
According to the updated SEPA Instant Credit Transfer rulebook, from 17 March 2024, banks and financial institutions will be transitioning to new SEPA Instant terms, to which Blackcatcard is also set to connect. This SEPA protocol is significantly faster; namely, payments will be executed within 10 seconds, and funds from unsuccessful payments will be instantly returned to the sender's account. Due to this, SEPA service providers have been updating or completely changing their APIs.
Blackcatcard had initiated the transition to a new payment protocol with the SEPA provider. However, the latter disconnected the financial institution from the existing payment protocol without a smooth transition or prior warning, leading to a temporary disruption in the ability to deliver SEPA solutions to Blackcatcard clients, and regretfully made it impossible to give you a heads-up in advance. We have promptly notified our regulator in this regard, and always remain in communication and collaboration. Despite Blackcatcard’s attempts to rectify this issue, the provider has not shown the intent for prompt interaction and its resolution, which, unfortunately, barely displayed a sign of the partner’s professionalism. Consequently, we were compelled to resort to an emergency strategy, shifting to a new SEPA payments provider to prevent similar problems in the future. As a result of the negotiations, the new partner has proven themselves to be a reliable collaborator within financial ecosystems like ours, so the agreement with them has been reached, and the technical integration process is already running.
Although the timeline may vary slightly, we expect to complete the transition by the end of this month. We are literally working 24/7 with no days off to do everything possible to speed up the launch.
We want to assure you that this challenge has in no way affected the financial institution’s integrity and the security of your funds. All other Blackcatcard services are operating at full capacity and are ready for your immediate use. These include:
• Unlimited money transfers for sending and receiving funds between Blackcatcard clients,
• All card operations - from online and offline payments and cash withdrawals to ordering additional cards,
• Binance Pay integration for topping up Blackcatcard IBAN account in Euro using Binance USDT balance,
• The integrated crypto service for buying, selling, receiving, and sending cryptocurrency, can be used for funding a Blackcatcard account and withdrawing money from it.
At Blackcatcard, we've always striven to deliver quality services and create products that meet all the diverse needs of our clients. Rest assured that this will continue to be our commitment. In the future, we will endeavor to prevent similar cases by advancing the flexibility of our financial infrastructure.
We will keep you regularly informed here about the availability of SEPA payments. Please also monitor the support chat within Blackcatcard and your email - when SEPA is back up and running, the message will be sent to you immediately.
P.S. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We will with no doubt reward it with an unparalleled decrease in some services’ pricing, and upcoming bonuses that will be announced when SEPA is re-enabled.
With warmest appreciation,
Your Blackcatcard team.

Latest Threads