Our valued sponsor

Blackcatcard migration - difficulties with incoming/outgoing SEPA transfers

The lithuanian EMI was called "Trustcom Financial", allegedly laundered 2 billion.
Sources in lithuanian:

The lithuanian EMI was called "Trustcom Financial", allegedly laundered 2 billion.
Sources in lithuanian:
Very old story

Reactions: cobewi8981
TV news
10 days ago, the service tv dont say the name of the bank/emi.

If you see Trustcom on trustpilot you can see with your eyes

For those interested: A capillary organization, with roots at the gates of Naples and ramifications extending as far as Latvia and Lithuania. A system, the one set up by Marco Spinola and Michele Scognamiglio, respectively the de jure and de facto directors of Trustcom Financial Uab, capable of moving and masking from the IRS the frightening figure of 2.6 billion euros. The business was unveiled thanks to the painstaking investigation conducted by financiers of the Naples Economic and Financial Police Nucleus headed by Colonel Paolo Consiglio, who under the coordination of the Naples Public Prosecutor's Office made eight arrests at dawn today. Among the sixteen suspects are some well-known faces of Neapolitan organized crime, but also entrepreneurs above suspicion. Or almost: like manager Luigi Scavone, former patron of Alma Spa, a giant in the supply of temporary labor, already involved in other sensitive judicial investigations.

This review is datet 28-2-2024

Last edited:
TV news
10 days ago, the service tv dont say the name of the bank/emi.

If you see Trustcom on trustpilot you can see with your eyes

For those interested: A capillary organization, with roots at the gates of Naples and ramifications extending as far as Latvia and Lithuania. A system, the one set up by Marco Spinola and Michele Scognamiglio, respectively the de jure and de facto directors of Trustcom Financial Uab, capable of moving and masking from the IRS the frightening figure of 2.6 billion euros. The business was unveiled thanks to the painstaking investigation conducted by financiers of the Naples Economic and Financial Police Nucleus headed by Colonel Paolo Consiglio, who under the coordination of the Naples Public Prosecutor's Office made eight arrests at dawn today. Among the sixteen suspects are some well-known faces of Neapolitan organized crime, but also entrepreneurs above suspicion. Or almost: like manager Luigi Scavone, former patron of Alma Spa, a giant in the supply of temporary labor, already involved in other sensitive judicial investigations.

This review is datet 28-2-2024
Thanks for the info. I found these:

Reactions: cobewi8981 and jafo
Any updates on current status?
I found this:

Not so surprising, given that link a few weeks ago about Blackcat ATMs around Moscow.

Reactions: jafo
I found this:

Not so surprising, given that link a few weeks ago about Blackcat ATMs around Moscow.
Today, the Russians are the enemy-du-jour. Tomorrow, it may be me. Order followers have chosen their "Slave Masters" and those they bow to and obey unquestionably...and it's NOT us. ca#"!

*Order Followers*

From Blackcat:

Dear Customers,

We're delighted to share that our switch to a new SEPA provider has been successfully accomplished. SEPA will be operated by our reliable and trusted partner Tompay LTD, a distinguished financial institution authorized by the British regulator Financial Conduct Authority with a registration number 931509.

It’s a significant step forward in the evolutionary journey of the Blackcatcard ecosystem. It has always been diverse, with Papaya Ltd handling account maintenance as a Blackcatcard issuer, Fintech Assets OÜ executing our loyalty program operations, and Manerio UAB supplying the in-app crypto exchange and wallet. Now, with Tompay LTD joining the family, our ecosystem will become more robust, ensuring consistent SEPA transfers, and securing us against future service disruptions.

Commencing April, new IBAN account details will be provided to customers. The IBAN assignment will be executed in batches due to the technical complexity of the process. New details will be present in the Blackcatcard app (mobile and web) under the “Transfer” option in the “Account top-up” section. A push notification and an email containing comprehensive instructions for SEPA payments will be sent to customers. Aside from the updated IBAN data, the course of action for sending SEPA transfers, along with the tariffs, will stay unchanged. To receive SEPA transfers to Blackcatcard, new account details shall be used by the sender.

Although the payment execution itself will be fully automated and integrated into Blackcatcard mobile banking, a client identification process on the provider’s side is required to activate SEPA payments for Blackcatcard customers. Considering Tompay LTD carries out its own AML/KYC procedures, as mandated by the regulatory framework, we've automated and streamlined the data migration process in adherence to GDPR, generally preventing clients from undergoing KYC verification manually. Rarely, if a client’s identity-related concerns arise on the partner's end, it may lead to supplementary screening.

We commit to keeping you posted regarding the timeline. For any queries, we encourage you to consult our FAQ segment provided below and don’t hesitate to bring to our attention any other aspect we can assist you with.

FAQ:

1. What prefix will the new IBAN have? A new IBAN with one of the following prefixes will be assigned to you by our provider: LT, GB or NL.

2. Will the pricing of transfers change? No, pricing remains the same.

3. What will happen/has happened to transactions initiated to IBANs with the MT prefix? Payments that have been made using your old IBAN account will be returned to the sending party.

4. Can I use my old IBAN account with the MT prefix? No, you need to use your new IBAN account.

5. What SEPA protocol will be available for me? Currently, it is a SEPA Credit, and it will be switched to SEPA Instant Credit in the future.

6. Where can I find my new account number? Proceed to the Blackcatcard app (mobile or web) and check the “Transfer” screen in the “Account top up” section.

7. When do I get my SEPA connected? The IBAN assignment will be executed in batches due to the technical complexity of the process.

8. Who operates my account? Account maintenance will be continuously operated by Papaya Ltd. New IBAN accounts at Tompay LTD are used for receiving and sending money utilizing SEPA protocol.

9. I don’t want you to transfer my data to Tompay LTD. Data transfer is carried out in compliance with the updated Terms & Conditions, which will be published at blackcatcard.com, and it is mandatory to access the SEPA transfers. In case you require to waive data transfer, please, contact the Blackcatcard support team 24/7 in the app (mobile or web).

10. How long will the data migration take? We expect the first batches of Blackcatcard clients to be granted access to SEPA during the first weeks of April. We’ll keep you updated on the migration status.

From Blackcat:

Dear Customers,

We're delighted to share that our switch to a new SEPA provider has been successfully accomplished. SEPA will be operated by our reliable and trusted partner Tompay LTD, a distinguished financial institution authorized by the British regulator Financial Conduct Authority with a registration number 931509.

It’s a significant step forward in the evolutionary journey of the Blackcatcard ecosystem. It has always been diverse, with Papaya Ltd handling account maintenance as a Blackcatcard issuer, Fintech Assets OÜ executing our loyalty program operations, and Manerio UAB supplying the in-app crypto exchange and wallet. Now, with Tompay LTD joining the family, our ecosystem will become more robust, ensuring consistent SEPA transfers, and securing us against future service disruptions.

Commencing April, new IBAN account details will be provided to customers. The IBAN assignment will be executed in batches due to the technical complexity of the process. New details will be present in the Blackcatcard app (mobile and web) under the “Transfer” option in the “Account top-up” section. A push notification and an email containing comprehensive instructions for SEPA payments will be sent to customers. Aside from the updated IBAN data, the course of action for sending SEPA transfers, along with the tariffs, will stay unchanged. To receive SEPA transfers to Blackcatcard, new account details shall be used by the sender.

Although the payment execution itself will be fully automated and integrated into Blackcatcard mobile banking, a client identification process on the provider’s side is required to activate SEPA payments for Blackcatcard customers. Considering Tompay LTD carries out its own AML/KYC procedures, as mandated by the regulatory framework, we've automated and streamlined the data migration process in adherence to GDPR, generally preventing clients from undergoing KYC verification manually. Rarely, if a client’s identity-related concerns arise on the partner's end, it may lead to supplementary screening.

We commit to keeping you posted regarding the timeline. For any queries, we encourage you to consult our FAQ segment provided below and don’t hesitate to bring to our attention any other aspect we can assist you with.

FAQ:

1. What prefix will the new IBAN have? A new IBAN with one of the following prefixes will be assigned to you by our provider: LT, GB or NL.

2. Will the pricing of transfers change? No, pricing remains the same.

3. What will happen/has happened to transactions initiated to IBANs with the MT prefix? Payments that have been made using your old IBAN account will be returned to the sending party.

4. Can I use my old IBAN account with the MT prefix? No, you need to use your new IBAN account.

5. What SEPA protocol will be available for me? Currently, it is a SEPA Credit, and it will be switched to SEPA Instant Credit in the future.

6. Where can I find my new account number? Proceed to the Blackcatcard app (mobile or web) and check the “Transfer” screen in the “Account top up” section.

7. When do I get my SEPA connected? The IBAN assignment will be executed in batches due to the technical complexity of the process.

8. Who operates my account? Account maintenance will be continuously operated by Papaya Ltd. New IBAN accounts at Tompay LTD are used for receiving and sending money utilizing SEPA protocol.

9. I don’t want you to transfer my data to Tompay LTD. Data transfer is carried out in compliance with the updated Terms & Conditions, which will be published at blackcatcard.com, and it is mandatory to access the SEPA transfers. In case you require to waive data transfer, please, contact the Blackcatcard support team 24/7 in the app (mobile or web).

10. How long will the data migration take? We expect the first batches of Blackcatcard clients to be granted access to SEPA during the first weeks of April. We’ll keep you updated on the migration status.
Interesting and important, thanks for sharing.

BTW, this is an appealing part (emphasis mine)
It would be nice to know how frequent it will be...:)
I don’t want you to transfer my data to Tompay LTD. Data transfer is carried out in compliance with the updated Terms & Conditions, which will be published at blackcatcard.com, and it is mandatory to access the SEPA transfers. In case you require to waive data transfer, please, contact the Blackcatcard support team 24/7 in the app (mobile or web).
(Again, emphasis mine.)
Apparently it is demanded by GDPR, however I consider it honest.

Reactions: ilke
They can, but not for free unlike European banks, i did a EUR transfer recently and they charged something like 35 euros
There is no requirement for a SEPA transaction to be free. SEPA is very cheap, which is why so many banks offer it for free. But there are plenty of European banks and EMIs that charge for SEPA, and it's not uncommon for it to be a percentage fee (especially with high risk EMIs).

There is no requirement for a SEPA transaction to be free. SEPA is very cheap, which is why so many banks offer it for free. But there are plenty of European banks and EMIs that charge for SEPA, and it's not uncommon for it to be a percentage fee (especially with high risk EMIs).
I did ask them why and they said even though they are on the SEPA list they must process EUR transfer via Swift

Latest Threads