Our valued sponsor

Forum cleaning!

JohnLocke

Administrator
Dec 29, 2008
Europe
Visit site
We are cleaning up old threads that are no longer relevant, so someone will discover that they have disappeared. It is on purpose and timely, as some of them are all the way back from 2009 and have no relevance anymore.
However, we will not remove all threads at once, but take a little at a time until everything is up to date again and only relevant threads remain.

Thanks for the hint, that may be a better solution, will do so.

Yeah you are right. Some forums are removed completly because they had no relevance, we are not a SEO forum so Blackhat SEO etc has no relevance at all. The other non-relevant threads are set to NO INDEXING so Google won't index them any longer.

I will consider an archive forum for the rest of the very old threads and posts which then cannot be opened again, but only read.

Thanks for the hint, that may be a better solution, will do so.
Much appreciated, @JohnLocke. I completely agree with @JohnnyDoe, @troubled soul, @Onassis and @Martin Everson on that (any) history is really valuable and reading it can give you more than you expected :)

add it to robots.txt so that search engines don't index it.

The other non-relevant threads are set to NO INDEXING so Google won't index them any longer.
Honestly – why not to preserve some possibility to search there? It definitely helps to exploring of history – and does it make any harm? :)

I will consider an archive forum for the rest of the very old threads and posts which then cannot be opened again, but only read.
A very good idea, though. It is true that reviving some really outdated threads is not much effective as it is a little bit complicated to orient in the content then, so to make these threads read-only is a nice solution.

Latest Threads