Our valued sponsor

Jurisdiction for company with closed register and low taxation

eleb2019

Aug 9, 2019
Visit site
Hi to all,

Looking for advises from experienced member for selection of jurisdiction with closed register and low taxation that will suit for business structure management. Fully legal business, looking for privacy in structure forming and better taxation only. If you can advise reliable service providers with available shelves companies, it will be helpful as well.

The main purpose to use the company as the shareholder in another company instead of privates. If possible today to find jurisdiction with availability to have the b/a in the same place i will be happy. If not please advise the jurisdiction and EMI that will accept company from this country.

Thank you in advance.

US, Hong Kong, and Singapore come to mind. Depending on jurisdiction, entity, and what information you want to keep private, you may need either nominee shareholders or offshore/secretive parent company to not appear as shareholder in public records.

Switzerland, Cyprus, and Malta could also work. None of them has a public UBO register (for now).

Reactions: eleb2019 and jafo
US, Hong Kong, and Singapore come to mind. Depending on jurisdiction, entity, and what information you want to keep private, you may need either nominee shareholders or offshore/secretive parent company to not appear as shareholder in public records.

Switzerland, Cyprus, and Malta could also work. None of them has a public UBO register (for now).
Thank you for your advise. The main objective is to avoid public UBO as you mentioned. We already have UAE Free zone company in chain that can act as the shareholder and give additional privacy (maybe). Nominee director required. Can you please advise which of mentioned locations will be more effective in terms of ease of dealing with banks and EMI's and ease of procedures of registration and managing.

Isnt the Swiss AG anonymous in that sense? As far as I know the AG shareholders registry is not public.
Let's wait for more info from other members because i am not aware well regarding Swiss legal entities benefits in terms of privacy. Maybe management of swiss AG will be more expensive comparing to other options? So high cost of this option will balance in the effectiveness comparing?

Thank you for your advise. The main objective is to avoid public UBO as you mentioned. We already have UAE Free zone company in chain that can act as the shareholder and give additional privacy (maybe). Nominee director required. Can you please advise which of mentioned locations will be more effective in terms of ease of dealing with banks and EMI's and ease of procedures of registration and managing.
That has more to do with what the company does and what kind of banking services you're looking for.

I think we can rule our Switzerland if ease is a key concern. It's a good jurisdiction in many ways but it's far from smooth.

Cyprus and Malta are EU members, making access to EU EMIs and banks easier than non-EU.

Check for example AsiaBC or Osomos for smooth incorporation, bookkeeping/maintenance, and account opening with fintechs/EMIs (or banks) in Asia all in one.

A US company without US presence may struggle to open traditional bank accounts, but there are fintechs/EMIs you can use such as Mercury, Novel, et cetera.

Reactions: eleb2019
That has more to do with what the company does and what kind of banking services you're looking for.

I think we can rule our Switzerland if ease is a key concern. It's a good jurisdiction in many ways but it's far from smooth.

Cyprus and Malta are EU members, making access to EU EMIs and banks easier than non-EU.

Check for example AsiaBC or Osomos for smooth incorporation, bookkeeping/maintenance, and account opening with fintechs/EMIs (or banks) in Asia all in one.

A US company without US presence may struggle to open traditional bank accounts, but there are fintechs/EMIs you can use such as Mercury, Novel, et cetera.
Thank you for detailed and useful recommendations. I am also doing some comparing and Singapore looks more convenient in terms of accessibility of the region and future availability to transform the company in real unit in case of necessity. EU jurisdictions looks a bit more complicated for non-eu residents and shareholders, please correct me if i am wrong in this.

Thank you for detailed and useful recommendations. I am also doing some comparing and Singapore looks more convenient in terms of accessibility of the region and future availability to transform the company in real unit in case of necessity. EU jurisdictions looks a bit more complicated for non-eu residents and shareholders, please correct me if i am wrong in this.
For incorporation, Malta and Cyprus are the same regardless of where you're resident. But banking in EU is harder if you have no connection at all to EU. In that case, Singapore or Hong Kong may be better choices.

Osomos means Osome?

For incorporation, Malta and Cyprus are the same regardless of where you're resident. But banking in EU is harder if you have no connection at all to EU. In that case, Singapore or Hong Kong may be better choices.
agree with you. Checking agents you advice. Can you advise some reliable agents for Maltese company opening as well? Thanks in advance

Osomos means Osome?
Yes, sorry, I guess my fingers really liked hitting the O and S keys. Should be Osome.

agree with you. Checking agents you advice. Can you advise some reliable agents for Maltese company opening as well? Thanks in advance
CSB Malta is very popular. But there are dozens more: the big multinationals (Vistra, BDO, Mazars, TMF) and local firms like Chetcuti Cauchi, GVZH, Fenech & Fenech, and more.

Not smooth but it's reputation is fenominal.

I have set up the most complicated structures with one of our Switzerland companies, registered it as an employer, branch, and much more in different countries, with no problems with the authorities at any time. There hasn't even been anyone asking why this or that!

I cannot claim that this has been possible with, for example, the UK, Cyprus, or other similar jurisdictions.

Reactions: GPT
Depending on jurisdiction, entity, and what information you want to keep private, you may need either nominee shareholders or offshore/secretive parent company to not appear as shareholder in public records.
Ah, I thought you were talking about other general rules, not HK / SG specifically.

My bad, just the wording.

p.s. Never try to beat Sols at his own game ahah

p.s. Never try to beat Sols at his own game ahah
No, please do, I get things wrong sometimes. Call me out when it happens.

What I meant with that post is that HK and SG fit the other requirements of the post so well, that appointing nominees to remove yourself from list of directors and shareholders would likely be fine. There is still the UBO register but as of writing, neither HK nor SG have made those public.

Reactions: ilke