Our valued sponsor

Lithuanian e-Residency vs Estonian e-Residency?

Have you seen recent requirements to get Estonian e-residence or renew it?
I had Estonian e-residency, but recent changes of renewals are crazy. They force you to fill long questionnaires, forms. They want to know about all your business around globe, about assets, even your business partners details, bank accounts. It seems to be too much information just to give to Estonian Police. Whats the point? It's just e-signature not "residence". So, eventually my Estonian e-residence will expire without renewal.

I think Lithuanian e-residence is easier to get without all these million questions.

• Wow
Reactions: jafo
Yes, as long as you have a residence permit.
Would this subject the holder of the residence permit to tax liabilities?

They force you to fill long questionnaires, forms. They want to know about all your business around globe, about assets, even your business partners details, bank accounts. It seems to be too much information just to give to Estonian Police. Whats the point?
Holy moly!!!! Are you serious? I guess Estonia will NEVER ever see my face or name! I'd rather live in a banana republic!

Last edited:
Would this subject the holder of the residence permit to tax liabilities?
Not necessarily

Holy moly!!!! Are you serious? I guess Estonia will NEVER ever see my face or name! I'd rather live in a banana republic!
This is true, noting that you don't necessarily need e-residency to conduct business in Estonia. This is essential for non-residents who want to do everything by themselves.

Latest Threads