Our valued sponsor

Living in USA (+ company here) but UAE company as payment processor (?!)

SasuT

Member Plus
Jun 5, 2023
France
Visit site
Hello, special situation here..

I have my company in UAE, everything is fine, I work with a local payment processor (because I'm banned from Stripe, and probably blacklisted.. long story. I think I did a thread previously on this subject).
Soon I'll move to the US with a E2-visa. I'll explain why in a different post if you ask.

Anyway, in USA my biggest fear is struggling to find a payment processor. I know there are many, but just in case Stripe and the other ones don't work, I thought about keeping my UAE company active (linked to the UAE payment processor), and use the UAE company only as a payment processor, that will send all funds to the US LLC.

Is there a problem doing so, apart from the converting fees (AED -> USD) and apart from the fact that I'll have to pay the license every year in UAE ? I noted that I'll also need to come to UAE at least once every 6 months to keep my Emirates ID active.

I don't know if I'm on the MATCH list, but I prefer to work on the assumption that I am (worst case scenario). So let's say I'll not be able to find any payment processors in the US that will accept me, aswell as payment processors in EU.

To summarize :

- I'll be US resident
- LLC company in the US
- No payment processor in the US/EU (worst case scenario of course)
- Solution : capture payments through my operational UAE company, and send funds to the US LLC

Another solution would be to open a UK LLP with a nominee, seems way easier but idk, I have a working solution actually so I guess I want to start with this in priority.

Or any other solutions ?

Thanks.

How long to you plan to stay in the US? If you become tax resident there, you have to report all foreign bank accounts including those payment processors. Probably the UAE guys also don't like you that much anymore.

Next problem is that the US customers will pay 3% foreign card fees when paying through the UAE one. But you probably don't worry about this.

How long to you plan to stay in the US? If you become tax resident there, you have to report all foreign bank accounts including those payment processors. Probably the UAE guys also don't like you that much anymore.

Next problem is that the US customers will pay 3% foreign card fees when paying through the UAE one. But you probably don't worry about this.
At least 5 years.
I'll have to report my UAE corporate bank account or only my personal one ?