Our valued sponsor

Real Estate Investor Visa in Dubai / UAE - thoughts

KKleimar

Nov 28, 2023
London
Visit site
Hello,

Even though I have recently created an account, I have been reading the forum for ages and understand many of its members are familiar with and/or have a strong UAE nexus. From my side, I hope to be an active member of the forum and contribute wherever possible.

I have been looking into this Investor visa whereby the minimum investment in real estate is AED750k (~200k USD). Pretty much any real estate is eligible and upon purchase, you get a 2-year visa. I have been told this visa is easily renewable forever as long as I retain ownership of the property.

I would appreciate your thoughts on some of my following concerns:

- Any major risks with the visa program? My main concern is how easy it is to get this renewed indefinitely. What if I decide to move away from the UAE and keep the house empty / rent?

- I understand that if I had this visa, I would be able to get an Emirati ID and open bank accounts. My reading is that despite the 9% CT stuff, I would still be able to remit money to my UAE accounts relatively easily and with little scrutiny (for moderate amounts, that is). To perform business activities, would I necessarily need to open a FZCO or could I manage without? I believe the Investor visa does not allow you to work in the UAE.

- I have no tax issues currently but theoretically speaking, if debts ever arose in the future, how safe would a UAE real estate asset be from potential tax / seizure from EEA/UK authorities?

Thanks in advance

Latest Threads