Our valued sponsor

remitano - p2p - unkown

You can then simply move said funds outside of the capital controls (capital controls violations are nothing to worry about unless you are dealing with a country you are resident or intend to be resident of in the future) and simply move the funds to swissborg in one lump sum or over numerous transactions as and when you need *you have the paper-trail to prove source of wealth and Europe doesn't give a s**t about capital control violations when the funds are coming inwards*, pay your tax and and live life merry there after.

You know very well he will be doing wrong as you mentioned above. I cannot support this...sorry.

Not being moralistic as each man can decide their own actions. Just saying I don't agree here.

This is money laundering advice....lol. Once the crime of capital controls evasion occurs the funds are dirty.

Correct and I would advise you not to do this.
As we would say in Britain
<iframe src="f**k Off National Football League GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="252" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

I disagree.

What he is doing, if these funds are from a legitimate inheritance, whereby he has paid the tax is removing them from a 3rd world despot regime into the West (Europe) where he resides, he is utilising methods which are utilised daily by people all across the globe to remit their funds around arbitrary 'created' restrictions from a state that would rather see them diminished to nothing than be productive within his hands.

These activities like stated are very common and carried out millions of times a year by people fleeing or having fled or inherited wealth from those that fled in prior years.

As long as he show source of wealth, and pays the relevant taxes, and has no qualms with never setting foot in said despot country which is not a sanctioned state as far as the public records then he should be good to go.

As this is quite common it is clearly defined this occurs and the European Union has no qualms with inbound funds that have moved outside of capital controls as long as the standard AML processes are carried out.

So no, i fully support a individuals right to move around arbitrary rules which are constructs from a despot regime.

---

My wife's fathers family fled Maos China generations ago and they did it with silver and gold.

I see this as no different.

Reactions: JackAlabama
As we would say in Britain
<iframe src="f**k Off National Football League GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="252" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

I disagree.

What he is doing, if these funds are from a legitimate inheritance, whereby he has paid the tax is removing them from a 3rd world despot regime into the West (Europe) where he resides, he is utilising methods which are utilised daily by people all across the globe to remit their funds around arbitrary 'created' restrictions from a state that would rather see them diminished to nothing than be productive within his hands.

These activities like stated are very common and carried out millions of times a year by people fleeing or having fled or inherited wealth from those that fled in prior years.

As long as he show source of wealth, and pays the relevant taxes, and has no qualms with never setting foot in said despot country which is not a sanctioned state as far as the public records then he should be good to go.

As this is quite common it is clearly defined this occurs and the European Union has no qualms with inbound funds that have moved outside of capital controls as long as the standard AML processes are carried out.

So no, i fully support a individuals right to move around arbitrary rules which are constructs from a despot regime.

---

My wife's fathers family fled Maos China generations ago and they did it with silver and gold.

I see this as no different.
I can reassure you it is a legitimate inheritance, I am paying 10% tax on it there, and I am asking my tax guy in Cyprus about it now. That's the way I see it: how to navigate backward, unpopular and lazy regulation from the seventies that the current government is too scared and incompetent to reform. I am doing this very reluctantly and to preserve my wealth, as I don't want to keep it in a CCC- country. I would argue it is irresponsible to do so when you have the choice (albeit risky) not to. Thank you for chiming in!

The current head of state has been in power since the 80's from what i've seen, thats all that needs to be said.

As far as i see it, i can't be indicted by Tunisia, you won't be indicted in Europe for remitting inheritance around capital controls.

So as long as you have (and i've made this abundantly clear) paperwork then i see no issues in a straightforward process mentioned above, with zero funny business like Dubai, or property etc which makes it appear like something of questionable nature.

Likewise as stated, utilise a traditional bank in your local town and sit down and discuss with them before remitting said funds into them, also speak with your local MP/Representative (pre-emptively) in-case something goes amiss and they are then there and aware, and will intervene on your behalf.

Under European law/and processes this is all very common and as much as Martin likes to talk about laundering, it's not illicit finance but it will involve a 'construct' Tunisian illicit act, but Tunisia ain't gonna be able to extradite you for such and there's no mentions of case law where the EU has authorised the extradition of a pleb remitting their funds outside of capital controls from a despot regime that i've come across.

Anyway all the best, just make sure you cover all the essentials.

- Banking
- Exchange
- Legal
- Political Representative
- Paper-trails/docs
- Tax

Reactions: Liam13
You know very well he will be doing wrong as you mentioned above. I cannot support this...sorry.

Not being moralistic as each man can decide their own actions. Just saying I don't agree here.

This is money laundering advice....lol. Once the crime of capital controls evasion occurs the funds are dirty.
Let's assume you own a regulated exchange: if you are contacted by a Chinese guy asking you to buy his bitcoin (after doing KYC and SOF), would you refuse because you presume he bought his bitcoin in China and bitcoin is illegal there? Is converting Bitcoin from China a financial crime? Maybe?

The current head of state has been in power since the 80's from what i've seen, thats all that needs to be said.

As far as i see it, i can't be indicted by Tunisia, you won't be indicted in Europe for remitting inheritance around capital controls.

So as long as you have (and i've made this abundantly clear) paperwork then i see no issues in a straightforward process mentioned above, with zero funny business like Dubai, or property etc which makes it appear like something of questionable nature.

Likewise as stated, utilise a traditional bank in your local town and sit down and discuss with them before remitting said funds into them, also speak with your local MP/Representative (pre-emptively) in-case something goes amiss and they are then there and aware, and will intervene on your behalf.

Under European law/and processes this is all very common and as much as Martin likes to talk about laundering, it's not illicit finance but it will involve a 'construct' Tunisian illicit act, but Tunisia ain't gonna be able to extradite you for such and there's no mentions of case law where the EU has authorised the extradition of a pleb remitting their funds outside of capital controls from a despot regime that i've come across.

Anyway all the best, just make sure you cover all the essentials.

- Banking
- Exchange
- Legal
- Political Representative
- Paper-trails/docs
- Tax
Thanks again for thinking along and for your time!!!

Chinese do this all the time

HK is where they either exit into fiat and invest, or send overseas and invest (Canada etc) or they just move the funds with them to their next country (if leaving China).

Capital Controls outwards is policed, coming inwards is generally ignored (in the West) EXCEPT AML.

You'll need a lot of paperwork, that's something you need to work out with the counterparties (exchange/bank etc) not something i can really advise on.

Chinese do this all the time

HK is where they either exit into fiat and invest, or send overseas and invest (Canada etc) or they just move the funds with them to their next country (if leaving China).

Capital Controls outwards is policed, coming inwards is generally ignored (in the West) EXCEPT AML.

You'll need a lot of paperwork, that's something you need to work out with the counterparties (exchange/bank etc) not something i can really advise on.
Yes, I know Chinese do it all the time, it was a question to Martin who said any evasion is an internationally acknowledged crime

Let's assume you own a regulated exchange: if you are contacted by a Chinese guy asking you to buy his bitcoin (after doing KYC and SOF), would you refuse because you presume he bought his bitcoin in China and bitcoin is illegal there? Is converting Bitcoin from China a financial crime? Maybe?

My exchange would not service the Chinese, Nigerian market etc. As they are places where crypto is heavily used to evade capital controls. I would only work with countries without capital controls and where crypto is legal due to the risk of abuse.

Reactions: Liam13

Latest Threads