Our valued sponsor

Revolut flagged a wire transfer to Blackcat as suspicious, what does that entail?

Sean Restling

Apr 11, 2019
Visit site
It's a €2K wire transfer from Revolut to my account with Blackcat card, which has a Maltese IBAN, I mean it's in my name, same name both on Revolut and on Blackcat, should I just ignore this automatic flag (probably due to MT IBAN) and go ahead or better not?

I would definitely explain to Revolut what this is about before you make more transactions of this kind to Blackcard!

Regardless, I would actually ask what the reason is!

Well, I guess that there can be MT behind this problem; but generally, I would not apply any kind of common sense when it concerns some Revolut (or Wise) related topic ;) Their AI is just AI, making many mistakes and their manpower is overloaded.
(I think my general attitude to Revolut/Wise is well known here: avoid unless absolutely necessary.)

Reactions: jafo and JohnnyDoe
Monkeys don’t use common sense. For some reason wise and Revolut don’t like in/outgoing transfers from/to the same account holder.
Grande Silvio.
Is that based on experience or they somehow let you know they're not too keen on these types of transfers?
Honestly their automatic flag makes little sense, before flagging it they say something like "are you sure you know this person? We won't be able to recover those funds after you authorise this", even though it's clearly me, same account holder in and out..

Grande Silvio.
Is that based on experience or they somehow let you know they're not too keen on these types of transfers?
Honestly their automatic flag makes little sense, before flagging it they say something like "are you sure you know this person? We won't be able to recover those funds after you authorise this", even though it's clearly me, same account holder in and out..
Personal experience and someone else’s experience who got his account closed for this reason. AFAIK only wise and Revolut have this nonsense policy.

Reactions: jafo and Forester
Wise and Revolut are a Pain in the a....

EU banking generally is a real struggle specially if you dont live in EU

About Revolut they closed someones account with 700K $ cash in it without any reason

use tw/rev quite a bit to transfer to my own accounts and never had any issues at all. But these are normal boring stupid arse high street banks and not some emis which even support these "dirty black evil crypto thing" everyone is talking about these days ;).

Id suspect its because the black cat has black in his name and is open for crypto which they dont like and they know whose that mt iban belong to that institution.
But at the end of the day its not your keys not your coins and if you can spare these 2k id just go ahead and if they duck around just ignore it.