Our valued sponsor

Selling services online

kraigs

Jan 17, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

Newbie here!

I would like to sell services such as photo editing/graphic design products/digital art but would also be interested in registering on websites that teach languages to people online. I recently opened a bank account in Bulgaria and am thinking of linking it to a Paypal account. However, I do not have any company registered in my name anywhere (and I honestly do not want to bother with that at this point since I am thinking of first trying my business ideas out before actually turning those into a real business) and I have some legal questions that I want to be informed about before taking any further steps.

One question regards my Paypal account - I registered a personal profile, however, would it be better to upgrade it to a business one? Is that possible without having a real business? Would Paypal cause me any trouble if I decide to have my transactions paid to my personal account?

My main idea is to work as a freelancer, I have been planning to register on sites like freelancer or peopleperhour etc. So, what baffles is: given the fact that I have registered on such websites + if I would want to send my Paypal money into my card + I do not have a registered business, how do I work out taxes? I do not imagine that I would make a fortune anyway, I am Bulgarian, so taxes are not that high compared to other EU states either, but how could I prevent someone from coming to my door and branding me a criminal for selling services without having a company? Thank you!!

Reactions: negon
I would very much like it to be legal. However, there are a number of issues that just would take way too much of my time for the moment and I am actually looking into self-employment due to the fact that I am currently a student and I simply do not have the time to be on a regular part-time job. Bulgaria is a bureaucratic hell, also, a number of people I know have advised me against registering such a business there simply because the state, being corrupted, tries to tie the hands of people who have chosen to be self-employed and often the fees they have to pay and the regulations they have to oblige to work against them. Furthermore, I currently live in France. If anything, I would prefer to register here. It is just that for the moment I can not afford to hire an accountant, for instance, and as I said, I think it would be a bit risky to do it while I am still a student. On the other hand, I am not even sure whether my business will work as I want it to. I would simply like to try different things before deciding to register it for real.

I have actually another question regarding Paypal - I have currently got two bank accounts. One is linked with my Paypal account and it has been registered in Bulgaria. The second one, however, has been registered in France. Now, I am not in any way tied with the French system, social security etc. I am not working here either, I am staying with friends, so I do not technically have a permanent address. My inquiry is, can I add my French Visa to my Bulgarian Paypal account? Would anybody make an issue out of it? Thank you!

Latest Threads