Our valued sponsor

Service for forming a US LLC with a foreign corporation as the member

Rome

BANNED MEMBER
Feb 18, 2023
Georgia
Visit site
Do you recommend any known service providers to form a US LLC with a foreign corporation as the sole member?
So far, many options like wyomingllcattorney and legalzoom don't allow you to add a foreign entity.

What makes you say they don't allow foreign entities?

Most of them just ask for a first name and last name of members/managers. Instead of "John" and "Smith", you can put "Something Something Holdings" and "Limited". Most of them don't care or check.
1706447575071.png

Because they only ask about US entities. The company state selection field is for US states.

Most likely you can just not tick "This member is a holding company" and fill in company name in First Name and Last Name. Alternatively, use another registered agent.

I'm nearly 100% certain that within the last 6–12 months, I've seen companies formed with those two where non-US companies were stated as members/managers. The RA doesn't care. Most of them don't do any KYC.

Reactions: olalavui
@Sols I think it is just this one particular provider which wants US addresses. I sent him the other ones which work fine.

@Rome As far as I know WY only has records about the managers, not the owners (called members). Hence, it does not make sense to ask for in the first place. Be advised that there is a federal UBO registry now. Also keep in mind the $25,000 fine for not/late filing of form 5472. I got an IRS fine of $50,000 two months ago for two forms 5472 that were scanned with my filing in August. I did not send in those forms and the company in question was not required to file, so I called them and they eventually reversed the fine. I still do not know how they could scan those forms onto my account though.