Our valued sponsor

Starting an internatinoal investment company

mnschwarz

Offshore Agent
Pro Member
Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Lads/lasses,
I've been toying with the idea of starting an investment company and looking for a little info. Basically I already invest globally on my own (through my IBC) and I get pretty good returns. I'm looking to offer this to friends/family initially with a goal of eventually offering to the public if all goes well. It's not intended to be a massive venture or undertaking; just compliment what I'm already doing.

I considered either charging a small fee of the profits, or perhaps taking loans and paying investors a decent interest rate; or both. I'm not sure if there's any difference legally though it seems there would be.

Seychelles doesn't seem to require any special licenses etc from what I can find. Correct me if I'm wrong. Would this be a decent jurisdiction to start with? Any recommended lawyers I could contact? Cheers!

Seychelles have the CSL company that is what you want to setup for this purpose. I already asked around with different agent what it would be required to to investment on behalf of friends and people I know. It is regulated the same way as any other investment business offered to the public.

It would be possible to do a closed end setup that would not require a license but you need to know all investors beforehand!

Correct pesto. I already invest on my own. I was curious to the requirements if I was to invest for public customers. I haven't gotten any further with this yet but as mentioned it's more of a long term idea and only on a small scale.

Latest Threads