Our valued sponsor

Stay away of Spectrocoin.com, need legal advice

I've been using my personal Spectrocoin account for months with no issues at all. Suddenly (most likely after reaching a certain account turnover), they started requesting various documents like PoF, individual activity certificate, tax declaration, even invoices from my clients (which are not even related to them), etc.

Being a transparent customer, I have provided all requested documents; however, they still decided to close my account. Anyway, it's not about that. The thing is that I still have a few hundred euros left with them, and now they are telling me they will send my remaining balance to my other IBAN opened at a 'credit institution'. I have sent them my IBAN from Zen.com; however, they refused, telling me this is not a credit institution. Later on, they clarified to me that by saying 'credit institution' they meant a high-street bank and not EMI.

Now the question is: can they really legally discriminate against my personal IBAN from an EMI and request an IBAN from a high-street bank? Anyone know if such a demand can be legally justified? Can some EU law, like the EU Anti-Discrimination Law, be applied to this situation? Because it's quite ridiculous to ignore an EMI IBAN while Spectrocoin is itself an EMI.

• Wow
Reactions: vehzag and jafo
You want to speak with @Gediminas maybe he can help you sort this out.

Feel free to email me, I will see what I can do for you.

When it comes to regulatory matters (such as requests for documents), they just play by the rules. If your account was closed, that means something didn't align with it. But your funds are safe and I they will just transfer it back to your account.

Reactions: JohnLocke
I've been using my personal Spectrocoin account for months with no issues at all. Suddenly (most likely after reaching a certain account turnover), they started requesting various documents like PoF, individual activity certificate, tax declaration, even invoices from my clients (which are not even related to them), etc.

Being a transparent customer, I have provided all requested documents; however, they still decided to close my account. Anyway, it's not about that. The thing is that I still have a few hundred euros left with them, and now they are telling me they will send my remaining balance to my other IBAN opened at a 'credit institution'. I have sent them my IBAN from Zen.com; however, they refused, telling me this is not a credit institution. Later on, they clarified to me that by saying 'credit institution' they meant a high-street bank and not EMI.

Now the question is: can they really legally discriminate against my personal IBAN from an EMI and request an IBAN from a high-street bank? Anyone know if such a demand can be legally justified? Can some EU law, like the EU Anti-Discrimination Law, be applied to this situation? Because it's quite ridiculous to ignore an EMI IBAN while Spectrocoin is itself an EMI.

Thank you for sharing this! I will NOW put measures in place to act against them accordingly & silently empty my account! I truly appreciate this heads-up! thu&¤#

Urgent: How much MONEY would marketing companies/government agencies pay for this information if available for sale?
they started requesting various documents like PoF, individual activity certificate, tax declaration, even invoices from my clients (which are not even related to them)
:rolleyes:

Seriously, ponder on this...

Last edited:
Now the question is: can they really legally discriminate against my personal IBAN from an EMI and request an IBAN from a high-street bank?
Yes, other EMIs do this too.
Anyone know if such a demand can be legally justified?
Them asking for a high street bank, yes. As for documents that have nothing to do with them, don't send any, let them know these docs are irrelevant, from personal experience, they will tone it down a bit and ask for what's actually needed, not a bunch of random docs.

Reactions: jafo