Our valued sponsor

Staying secret gets harder for banks

JohnLocke

Administrator
Dec 29, 2008
Europe
Visit site
Moves by the Swiss government to ease its banking secrecy laws, currently in progress, may prove more challenging than polo.

The Egyptian government also recently demanded that Switzerland's banks disclose all accounts held by the toppled president Hosni Mubarak and his "entourage".

But some take the view that as long as the country enshrines bank secrecy - it is a criminal offence for Swiss citizens to reveal bank details - it acts as an enabler of illicit transfers of cash. Egypt lost US$57.2 billion (Dh210.1bn) to illicit capital flight between 2000 and 2008, according to Global Financial Integrity, an advocacy group based in Washington that monitors transfers of illegal funds.

The rapid collapse of dictatorships in Egypt and Tunisia, and the spread of sanctions to Libya, has left banks in a tricky position as they try to deflect public outrage.Some are more cynical about the Swiss government's zeal in hunting illicit assets.

"This doesn't mean that there's a big crackdown under way," says Nicholas Shaxson, the author of Treasure Islands: Tax Havens and the Men Who Stole the World. "Countries need to be seen to be doing something."

On this subject, Dr Thomas Meier, the Middle East and Asia chief executive for the Swiss private bank Julius Baer, is blunt: "If someone … accumulates illegitimate money, you shouldn't take it. That's what it is."

And even harder today 2015 compared to 2011 !! It is all going to be very difficult to get a secret bank account for your business or to avoid your private data to be exchanged with any governement.
There will always be options and opportunities. Never give up and never the ever!

One of them could be to use a ewallet to fund your bank account abroad' date=' so you don't get a link from PayPal which reports your account to your local authorities and to your bank account![/quote']
Sorry, confused I don't understand?

One of them could be to use a ewallet to fund your bank account abroad' date=' so you don't get a link from PayPal which reports your account to your local authorities and to your bank account![/quote']
How do you think that will help? As long as you transfer money from your offshore account to your private account you will leave a footprint!

Reactions: JohnLocke
As far as we have seen Bitcoin is the only option to stay anonymous, you may want to look into a bitcoin account and funnel your way out to the customers.

How do you think that will help? As long as you transfer money from your offshore account to your private account you will leave a footprint!
You don't transfer money that way but to a middle man account or a 4th or 5th account. Alternative you make use of a trust for this purpose.

You want to form your own Trust or Foundation doing so.

I know Admin, the solution that is offered in some of these "total anonymity" offshore company packages are just too good to be true sometimes at least today, back then before 2001 everything was just much easier.
I really wish I had started to look into offshore business earlier than this. What are the major changes that you have spotted?

Now again the middleman must be paid a sum to maintain anonymity. It is difficult to be totally anonymous nowadays
You can simply appoint nominees in an Seychelles corp. As long as you are not an Canadian or US citizens it's not that complicated. Then again you have this "Mexican homeless" model which have been discussed endless times on this forum alreayd, if you use this method in an different way it will work as well.

Reactions: seat-my-business
You can simply appoint nominees in an Seychelles corp. As long as you are not an Canadian or US citizens it's not that complicated. Then again you have this "Mexican homeless" model which have been discussed endless times on this forum alreayd, if you use this method in an different way it will work as well.
Fair enough. That will work as you said.

Now again the middleman must be paid a sum to maintain anonymity. It is difficult to be totally anonymous nowadays
If you want to stay 100% anonymous now a days you can't avoid the middle unfortunatly it require either nominees or a Trustee or evene to setup your own Trust to stay protected.

Without sufficient of money this all make no sense or what do you think?
True, we have sometimes people asking us to reduce the fee we charge for opening the bank account because they can't afford it, so we refuse and tell them if they can't pay the opening charges for the account why the heck they want an offshore account! Some people may open accounts just because it is a smart thing!

I agree I had a guy I made business with for some weeks ago he asked me how I got my Cyprus account and I told him the details while asking him why he needed it. He answered that he receiveds lots of trx each week and want them to go there while I again asked and what amounts he answered aprox 300 to 400 dollars LoL :kos: