Our valued sponsor

US Bank Account opening with Stripe Atlas!

JohnAlley

Corporate Services
Business Angel
Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got informed by one of my friends that stripe.com has released a new service Stripe Atlas which is able to open US Bank Accounts for their non USA Merchants if they apply for a Merchant Account and Delaware Company formation at the same time. Everything seems to be real and it opens the doors for non us citizen to get a real US bank account.Learn more: https://stripe.com/atlas

Atlas can be useful for all entrepreneurs who want to incorporate a company and open a bank account in the U.S. (We’re also looking to add support for other regions in the future.) But, you don’t need to use Atlas to use Stripe! Stripe is already available locally in 24 countries today—and we’re continuing to add more.
View attachment stripe-us-bank-account-foreigners.png

During the beta, we’ll charge a one-time fee of $500 after everything has been set up. This fee covers incorporating your company in Delaware, opening your business bank account at Silicon Valley Bank, and registering your company with the IRS. You can pay this fee with a credit card or via bank transfer.
This is awesome!!
Atlas users will pay the standard Stripe fees of 2.9% + 30¢ per successful charge.Silicon Valley Bank will waive account maintenance fees for the first 24 months. SVB will share more details about your account’s complete fee schedule and functionality once your bank account is open.Starting a business in the U.S. comes with significant obligations, including the payment of U.S. taxes and compliance with applicable laws. You’ll need to be prepared to handle these requirements. At a minimum, you will need to:pay a registered agent located in Delaware to act as a liaison between your company and the state. Stripe will set you up with a registered agent at a rate of $125 per year. (The first year’s fee is covered by Stripe.)File an annual report with Delaware, which costs $50.Pay an annual Franchise Tax to the state of Delaware—a minimum of $175 per year.Pay federal income tax on income generated in the U.S.We strongly recommend that you work with tax and legal experts to handle these ongoing requirements. To help, Atlas users get direct access to resources and guidance from Orrick and PwC. You can also chat over the phone for free with a professional from PwC.
Checkout your self and you may even open a support ticket with stripe to get your online business started today..:gift:/monthly_2016_03/stripe-us-bank-account-foreigners.png.d603311e450e77cbf3f1a992d167e5c7.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us! Do you already applied for an setup with them or ?

Thank you OP! If I read it all correct it says you can get a payment solution, company formation and bank account all in 1 package for 500 usd ? and a pretty low credit card processing fee of only 2,9% is included as well? That sounds almost too good to be true but I will go and apply today for this package it seems to be what I have been looking for, for a long time!

Reactions: JohnLocke
I also checked it out. However it's currently of no use for non residents. The current setup is an C-corp not a LLC, so you will have to pay taxes.

"Can Stripe help me set up a different company structure?

We currently only support establishing a C-Corporation in Delaware but are planning to add support for other structures, such as Limited Liability Companies (LLCs), in the future."

Extra info: http://www.cohencpa.com/llc-vs-c-cor...a-us-business-

It can be of use if you just need the company for payment processing off course, with no profits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JohnLocke
Not all incorporating in the USA just because of TAX reasons! For instant there are thousands of merchants that suffer to be able to get any valid payment processing and even more that are unable to open a US Bank Account which they for whatever reason seek.

This is really a great share I send them already a support ticket and hope they are faster to response as 2co.com and PayPal. I really want this solution if it is exactly what they advertise. Did anyone of you already get a reply or even started the steup process? I wonder how the bank account works and if you have control of the company in Delaware or if they managed all of it.

As long as you may get a payment processing solution for your website then you should be fine. It better to pay tax from something than not to pay tax from nothing!

I read only good stuff about stripe.

Tell me, if we let the delaware company do the payment processing do you know if money can be transfered from the delaware corps US bank account to a Belize, Seychelles or other offshore company's bank account? This may be the solution then to get credit card processing for my offshore company.