Our valued sponsor

US eSIM / Phone Number

Depends on what you need this for! Most of the large mobile phone companies provide eSims today. It won't be hard to find one!

Tello is cheap and can be activated outside of the US.
Wifi calling only tho.
I have them. You can't receive SMS or send SMS. Even with Wifi, only calling is possible. People can't call me. I've had them for +2 years. A lot of people pretended to be experts and didn't really know what they were talking about. Avoid Tello. It's useless if you travel outside the US

I have them. You can't receive SMS or send SMS. Even with Wifi, only calling is possible. People can't call me. I've had them for +2 years. A lot of people pretended to be experts and didn't really know what they were talking about. Avoid Tello. It's useless if you travel outside the US

Or maybe its you who have the problem g cause Ive been using Tello for the best part of the last year and send txt and call like every day lmao

I've heard rumors that the TMobile app can set you up with an account and an eSIM. I've never tried it myself, so I could be mistaken.

You'll want a "real" mobile number, as alot of services can tell you are using a VoIP provider and won't send verification SMS messages.

Reactions: jafo
Vodafone can be setup with eSim it works fine in Europe at least, no experience with the USA yet.

Do you know if it is possible to setup a phone number with them if you are not a US citizen?

Do you know if it is possible to setup a phone number with them if you are not a US citizen?
Here is my experience, YMMV.

If you are in the US, they will sell you a prepaid plan. No problem.

Notice, Tello does NOT provide international roaming service. I have Tello and Tello confirms this on their website here:

Tello: Do you offer roaming?

"Canada & Mexico
Tello does not have a network in Canada or Mexico and so we do not offer full service in either of those 2 countries and there is no roaming available."

They claim Wi-Fi calling & Text, but in reality, it's only Wi-Fi calling. Not Wi-Fi receiving There is no room in the app for even a text.

I've had Tello for +2 years. When I fly into the US it works fine. It doesn't work in Canada or Mexico for Wi-Fi call receiving or Texting (sending or receiving). You can call another phone via Wi-Fi though, but for this I use Skype.

It doesn't work in Europe, and it doesn't work in Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, etc, either.

I am in their forum community and some "people" claim it works despite Tello's own disclaimer, but I suspect "oversight" on their part.

You can try it and let us know, but if someone was holding a g** to my head for the truth, I would say it doesn't work without any hesitation.

Good luck!

Just use Google Voice...
Most banks nowadays will tell you: My system is saying this is not a compatible phone number.
The bank operator doesn't even know why.

for the 5th time

YES

Tello works everywhere, I've used it in 4 continents already.
I asked you if you have recently received SMS while overseas on your Tello line and you weren't forthcoming.

(1) Do you receive SMS while overseas on your Tello line?

Tello, says on their OWN website this is NOT possible:
With Tello, you can only initiate outbound calls when overseas using WiFi Calling, but you can NOT send texts, receive texts, or receive incoming voice calls.

(2) Are you saying that Tello is providing (you?) with an extra service and NOT charging for it?