Our valued sponsor

US eSIM / Phone Number

Text now. If ordered thru us vpn, US address required but nothing is mailed. eSim available, number port works . Overseas calls thru wifi. Free with un unobtrusive ads, less than$10/mo no ads. 100% reliability after 6 mo usage.

Text now. If ordered thru us vpn, US address required but nothing is mailed. eSim available, number port works . Overseas calls thru wifi. Free with un unobtrusive ads, less than$10/mo no ads. 100% reliability after 6 mo usage.
I have Textnow too. They are really great! But lately, most of these are no longer working with banks. I used to get SMSs from my bank, but they ceased to arrive and the bank told me I need to provide a REAL Mobile number. I provided the Tello number and that works, but I can't see the incoming SMS, because I am not in the US.

@jafo From the link provided:

Wi-Fi Calling & Text

This is a feature available on the vast majority of Tello GSM-compatible phones and you can check your phone settings to confirm.
It allows for calling & texting via the closest available Wi-Fi network which could be at a hotel, your office, at home, or even a Wi-Fi hotspot.

Not only Wifi; but because Tello runs on T-Mobile, you can use another sim cards data plan as the network for the Tello line.
Allowing you to use Tello on the go.

I cannot see the line you refer to in the link provided.

Yeah Tello works outside of the US like @TheCryptoAnt said. You need a phone that has wifi calling of course.

I have the ESIM on my iPhone as a second SIM and it even works without wifi as it uses the data from the first SIM instead. So, it works perfectly as long as you have internet.

You can even use a UAE billing address and you avoid the US Tax lol. So it's just $5 a month.

Im guessing @jafo has a phone that doesn't support wifi calling lol. Or he didn't activate it. And yes, I received and sent SMS, got calls, made calls. And I've never been to the US since I got the number

Last edited:
I have the ESIM on my iPhone as a second SIM and it even works without wifi as it uses the data from the first SIM instead. So, it works perfectly as long as you have internet.
Same

You can even use a UAE billing address and you avoid the US Tax lol. So it's just $5 a month.
yo I didnt know this, im using Oregon because theres no sales tax. Imma change it

Im guessing @jafo has a phone that doesn't support wifi calling lol. Or he didn't activate it. And yes, I received and sent SMS, got calls, made calls. And I've never been to the US since I got the number
yeah probably. tbh i was starting to feel like CS talking to a boomer

Reactions: darkred
So, Tello is underselling itself here????:
"My Tello" App You also have the option of using our free "My Tello" app to make calls through Wi-Fi. You can not receive calls via the App and texting is also not available via the App - it is only to make calls.

1685282823390.png

@TheCryptoAnt

Maybe you two can disclose what app you use or do a mock video of your screen, instead of keep doubling down it "works". How about some constructive help?

Maybe you two can disclose what app you use or do a mock video of your screen, instead of keep doubling down it "works". How about some constructive help?

dude what are you talking about an app now, just scan the QR code and use your phone

Read G, we all telling you we using the esim feature.
Theres several people in this thread telling you that it works, you are the one doubling now on your 'it doesnt work'

Find a younger person around you and ask them to set this up for you.

dude what are you talking about an app now, just scan the QR code and use your phone

Read G, we all telling you we using the esim feature.
Theres several people in this thread telling you that it works, you are the one doubling now on your 'it doesnt work'

Find a younger person around you and ask them to set this up for you.
I just finished with Tello's support YET again. Tello's communications support engineer vehemently denies it works. You are claiming it works, but provide NOTHING as to directions/source/links/citations.

I'm NOT confident and NOT convinced by anyone's claim that "we are saying it works. Get a young person" Really? Why a*s-U-ME?
Tello.png

I have a regular chip and NOT an eSIM. You can see there is NO carrier on the second SIM. The Wi-Fi calling system is online. I can make calls just like the communications engineer postulated. This communications engineer at Tello claims receiving calls, sending texts, or receiving texts will NOT work overseas even with Wi-Fi Calling enabled. He provided links/source/citations supporting his statement and Tello's official statement. You and the other guy claim it does, but yet provide NOTHING to back up your assertions.

If you discovered a way to do this, please share. If not, a simple scroll down would do. No need to worry and NONE of us need to engage in ad hominem fallacies or their cousins to feel better about ourselves. I'm here to provide support and correct answers to things that are within MY circle of competence.

If you don't know, it's OK. Just say so or scroll down. What kind of world would it be if you claim something but yet are unable or unwilling to prove it?

You don't have wifi calling activated or working. Otherwise you will have this logo
Zdvm6ua.jpg

This is on my backup phone, no tello. On tello, you don't have roaming so you should see no bars and the VoWiFi text.

Tello on the iPhone looks like this

kH6eEHX.jpg

Did you add the 911 address on the tello account? This is required to have wifi calling enabled.

Also it seems you are trying to use their app, and that wont work. You don't need the app, just wifi calling enabled and working properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: jafo
Did you add the 911 address on the tello account? This is required to have wifi calling enabled
Thank you very much! Will update this thread as soon as I get it to work.

PS. As a heads up, I further discovered, through speaking to telecommunications engineers, the following: Unknown variables/uncharted territories are the actual hardware ( phone brand & model), physical SIM vs eSIM, router type & model, and current country location. Some countries block these features.

If you discovered a way to do this, please share. If not, a simple scroll down would do. No need to worry and NONE of us need to engage in ad hominem fallacies or their cousins to feel better about ourselves. I'm here to provide support and correct answers to things that are within MY circle of competence.

If you don't know, it's OK. Just say so or scroll down. What kind of world would it be if you claim something but yet are unable or unwilling to prove it?

sorry G Im tired of being customer support.
buy an iphone

Did you add the 911 address on the tello account? This is required to have wifi calling enabled.

Also it seems you are trying to use their app, and that wont work. You don't need the app, just wifi calling enabled and working properly.

god bless you

Reactions: darkred
This was the missing link! Then one MUST do a COLD BOOT for it to be activated.

1685302518160.png

Thank you @darkred !!!

If you want me to send you some Satoshis for your time, please advise. Again: Thank you for your kind and thoughtful explanation. Even the employees at Tello don't know this. Why would they? They probably don't travel overseas (as much).

PS. I rather keep Tello in the dark. They may or may not approve of this feature. Who knows? Humans are irrational! So, I'm going to