Our valued sponsor

USD vs Global Currencies

This brief experiment in fiat currency does not seem to be going very well, to put it mildly. It seems inevitable they will print them all into oblivion
For millennia, people used stuff for money that rulers couldnt randomly print more of. Seems very likely we'll go back to that situation again when this short experiment in fiat money inevitably goes belly up.
From your mouth to the Creator's ears. Cheers to that! thu&¤#

all of you saying BTC will be the reserve currency have to stop doing drugs lmao, and I say this as a crypto trader
maybe you have this view because you're the crypto trader - trading is an information game and if you're the one in business with edge then you'll extract value, others will die

BTC is the exact opposite - it's a tool allowing your dentist, carpenter or teacher to do where their edge is - it's a tool that preserves the product of their work without dependency on third party and necessity to understand financial markets and becoming an unwilling "investor" skinned by the JP Morgans and BlackRocks while chasing the inflation

We have only had full on fiat currencies since like Nixon closed the gold window in 1971. This brief experiment in fiat currency does not seem to be going very well, to put it mildly. It seems inevitable they will print them all into oblivion (except possibly the CHF of course). If rulers/politicians have the power to print, they will, and that is what we are seeing.

For millennia, people used stuff for money that rulers couldnt randomly print more of. Seems very likely we'll go back to that situation again when this short experiment in fiat money inevitably goes belly up.
CHF is off the gold standard, and Swiss is no longer the banking giant for private wealth it once was, and in addition is no longer neutral

The one good thing CHF has going for it, where most countries debased their currencies and bought bonds

CHF debasement occurred still - but they bought tech stocks

Reactions: jafo
maybe you have this view because you're the crypto trader - trading is an information game and if you're the one in business with edge then you'll extract value, others will die

BTC is the exact opposite - it's a tool allowing your dentist, carpenter or teacher to do where their edge is - it's a tool that preserves the product of their work without dependency on third party and necessity to understand financial markets and becoming an unwilling "investor" skinned by the JP Morgans and BlackRocks while chasing the inflation

blah blah

BTC is too slow and to difficult to use for your dentist, carpenter or teacher to use it on a daily basis.

blah blah

BTC is too slow and to difficult to use for your dentist, carpenter or teacher to use it on a daily basis.thu&¤#
same story for email, so its safe to disregard this.

Used lightning recently for the first time (donation) was instant and easy
liquid is also sweet for this, slightly different tech tho than lightning. Sideswap and Aqua wallet allow for easy operations and are backed by the og's.
There options to issue equity on it.

Last edited:
it's good to differentiate, I put my eggs in CHF/SGD/USD , BTC and Gold mostly.

CHF is the best currency over the past 30 years.

iScreen Shoter - Google Chrome - 240130163307.png

Indeed, maybe Lightning Network?
its indeed fast, but honestly nobody really wants to use a currency that can drop in relative value 8% in a day.

so what... they need to preserve their wealth, on the base layer it's not gonna work as cash

funny enough the most useful crypto asset in terms of payment usefulness is... stablecoins lmao

ive been in crypto since '17 and its since then only been empty promises. I honestly believe crypto is a solution trying to find a problem to solve.

same story for email, so its safe to disregard this.

is email 'slow and difficult to use' ? lol

BTC is great for trading. And honestly I wont try to argue against 'holding your own money' as I think its valuable, but trying to defend that EVERYBODY will use it, self-custody, and that it'll replace the current currency reserve $ its just... lmao

No need to try to make me change my opinion guys, Im always right in crypto.

Reactions: scooterguy
it's good to differentiate, I put my eggs in CHF/SGD/USD , BTC and Gold mostly.

CHF is the best currency over the past 30 years.

View attachment 6076
Comes down to the following.

All currencies have been debased, all debt is monterised, and printing the difference covers the difference.

Only Switzerland bought tech stocks and put on their balance sheet. Only the Nasdaq has consistently outpaced debasement by 6% P/A in traditional assets.

Gold -4% PA
RE - 2.5% PA
S&P500 - Flat

----

Singapore on the other hand is reported to have a lot of debt (IMF records etc) but reality is these are offset by their investments to cover which is in tech/other so it's undervalued, but they debase in-line simply because of the export / transit hub requirement.

its indeed fast, but honestly nobody really wants to use a currency that can drop in relative value 8% in a day.

funny enough the most useful crypto asset in terms of payment usefulness is... stablecoins lmao

ive been in crypto since '17 and its since then only been empty promises. I honestly believe crypto is a solution trying to find a problem to solve.

BTC is great for trading. And honestly I wont try to argue against 'holding your own money' as I think its valuable, but trying to defend that EVERYBODY will use it, self-custody, and that it'll replace the current currency reserve $ its just... lmao

I agree.

Most people work, earn a salary in fiat, and that's what they use. Nowadays there's also a preference to use apps such as Cash App, QR code payments in Asia, etc. People want to get paid as easily and quickly as possible.

It's also easy for governments to ban crypto as a payment tool, which has been done in many countries.

BTC is amazing. No paperwork, no dealing with banking institutions, no need to fill forms. For international transfers it also works great. But it's really far from mass adoption.

and yet that is the case with many fiat currencies.

Its indeed not all that cryptocrap which is just scam but there was a history before 2017. read the og whitepaper, it has some good insights and is easy to read and short.
how do you think that started out? even just getting into the internet and load a html page? there was a world before the smartphone and lolz lmao lol loll

"crypto" ;)

Last edited:
BTC is amazing. No paperwork, no dealing with banking institutions, no need to fill forms. For international transfers it also works great. But it's really far from mass adoption.

This is somehow a 'hot take' in this thread lmao

and yet that is the case with many fiat currencies.

Its indeed not all that cryptocrap which is just scam but there was a history before 2017. read the og whitepaper, it has some good insights and is easy to read and short.

how do you think that started out? even just getting into the internet and load a html page? there was a world before the smartphone and lolz lmao lol loll

"crypto" ;)

9c7.jpeg

Despite decades of doubts, the US dollar remains the world’s top currency, and more importantly, it is likely to remain on top for years more to come.

The dollar is the indispensable currency: the one money that the world cannot do without. The dollar offers unique advantages that are unmatched by any other currency. Only the dollar embodies the full list of attributes that make a currency internationally competitive. The euro and renminbi, by contrast, are seriously lacking in one or more respects. For the foreseeable future the greenback will remain dominant, as it has done for decades.

Reactions: jafo and Marshal
Despite decades of doubts, the US dollar remains the world’s top currency, and more importantly, it is likely to remain on top for years more to come.

The dollar is the indispensable currency: the one money that the world cannot do without. The dollar offers unique advantages that are unmatched by any other currency. Only the dollar embodies the full list of attributes that make a currency internationally competitive. The euro and renminbi, by contrast, are seriously lacking in one or more respects. For the foreseeable future the greenback will remain dominant, as it has done for decades.
was the dollar here 300 years ago? No. Cycles repeat, the Dollar won't be here in definitely less than another 300 years, plan accordingly.

our generation will see the collapse of the West as we know it and the world will morph into a new world as we know it:

Scenario A: all countries divide (including the USA and Europe, into smaller and separated countries) each with its own immigration and tax policies, this is the best case scenario. Don't like California 99% income tax? Move to Texas flat 74% income tax. Don't like Texas? Move to New Mexico 49% income tax. etc...

Scenario B: Putin , Iran and North Korea are defeated politically and China owns the USA and the entire world goes under the control of a few people (this is the worst case scenario since it will allow mass control and slow down innovation). Universal basic income, AI feeding us, we live in pods, we eat the bugs.

Or you can buy some land in Paraguay, build a house today for 500K and retire there in 40 years away from the Surveillance drones, 99% income tax and mass civil unrest.

man idk maybe you should be listening to the guy that has been literally glued to the space for the last 7 years

or keep acting like the brokies idk up to you
only 7y? thats why "crypto" kek

was the dollar here 300 years ago? No. Cycles repeat, the Dollar won't be here in definitely less than another 300 years, plan accordingly.

our generation will see the collapse of the West as we know it and the world will morph into a new world as we know it:

Scenario A: all countries divide (including the USA and Europe, into smaller and separated countries) each with its own immigration and tax policies, this is the best case scenario. Don't like California 99% income tax? Move to Texas flat 74% income tax. Don't like Texas? Move to New Mexico 49% income tax. etc...
this is the most likely outcome. With it goes the usd system and there will be handful of local currencies representing its territories plus the one and only internet currency to allow neutral trade.
Scenario B: Putin , Iran and North Korea are defeated politically and China owns the USA and the entire world goes under the control of a few people (this is the worst case scenario since it will allow mass control and slow down innovation). Universal basic income, AI feeding us, we live in pods, we eat the bugs.

Or you can buy some land in Paraguay, build a house today for 500K and retire there in 40 years away from the Surveillance drones, 99% income tax and mass civil unrest.
Possible but seems unlikely as neither of these blocks are that powerful.

Last edited:

Latest Threads