Our valued sponsor

USD vs Global Currencies

by end of this decade, the usd will not be the reserve currency any longer.
What would replace it ?

100%. But it's not a Fiat currency, hoping that it'll never fall (officially) under governments' control.
The hope that BTC will not be heavily regulated and controlled by the authorities is gone - here, I don't think the church, God, or anyone else can help you. The entire crypto market is gradually being taken over by governments and banks, they are not just standing back watching the big fish swim past their pockets. Have you ever seen a predator let its potential prey pass by when they are hungry?

Reactions: Radko
Before good times there will be a lot of bad times for bitcoin or his successor. I foresee a complete rebuilding of its architecture since the current one can't support industrial transaction rates, full ban and criminalization of its use by authorities with resulting extreme volatility.

• Wow
Reactions: jafo
When my wife's family escaped Maoism they travelled with Silver/Gold and left most of their wealth behind.

What they did manage to get into Thailand and other countries in Asia, they bought land.

Today (wife) has roughly 500 Rai (just under 200 acre) transferred or to be transferred on deaths from all the land through the generational splitting which isn't bad as most moved to the West, included in that is half a mountain, at their peak as a family unit they had something like 10,000 rai (3953 acre).

This wasn't some cheap land up north either, but prime land around Bangkok-Phuket through to the South, at one point they owned a chunk of cape Panwa (famous cape).

Generationally the land in the family sold off for cars, homes etc instead of mortgaged and built up more.

Anyway we are at the point in Thailand where demographics are collapsing debts souring so land is entering firesales, in the last week, her mother was offered the the other side of the mountain (36 rai for next to nothing in desperation from the owner to save his other assets from debt calls).

Place to be buying is not South America.. IMO, and certainly not Europe, Vietnam perhaps...

newplot.png

Before good times there will be a lot of bad times for bitcoin or his successor. I foresee a complete rebuilding of its architecture since the current one can't support industrial transaction rates, full ban and criminalization of its use by authorities with resulting extreme volatility.
Not gonna happen... wallstreet now have their claws deeply in.

I foresee a complete rebuilding of its architecture since the current one can't support industrial transaction rates
even if not LN or another permissionless second layer then endless locally centralized custodial solutions settled on the base layer can provide unlimited bandwidth - it's cheap, fast, simple and there is nothing evil on custody IF you can choose who do you trust yourself and anyone can become a custodian

the probability that the base layer will change dramatically or disappear is close to zero - better own a piece while you can still afford it

Good read for pure data
Great stuff indeed! Thank you for sharing!

@JohnnyDoe - Thank you too for also ganging up on me and tersely inculcating to move USD₮ to
1708376847323.png
I'm up almost 400% compared to USD₮ & the "fiat scam". Once my buyers/clients saw me doing it, they did the same and they also profited tremendously.
Unfortunately, I was NOT able to lead by example with the Chinese suppliers. They usually convert their USD₮ into ¥ within 24 hours to avoid "misunderstanding" on the part of the State :oops:
I can't say I blame them. hi%#

PS. Had I NOT been here on OCT, I would have never done that. The worst is that had I NOT been on OCT, I would have tried today to swap my
1708377148743.png
for fiat and had ALL my accounts frozen either on the exchange or in the bank. They would have K1LLED me with the SOW/SOF bvllsh1t ruse to be able to legally rob me. ca#"!

• Love
Reactions: Radko and JohnnyDoe

Latest Threads