Our valued sponsor

Wise fully shuts-down its Business debit card for U.S. businesses

reviac

Sep 3, 2023
Tunisia
Visit site
I'm sure many of you have gotten the email about Wise shutting down their business debit card by October 31, 2023. Very disappointed as a honest business owner!

Does anybody knows the reasons behind this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-10-27 at 8.50.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-27 at 8.50.35 PM.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 95
They slowly get troubles with all US involved services. It's a shame.

Flying to the US and opening a personal and business account there seems the best option.

All those crap EMI's only make problems.
How easy is it ? Any bank that you recommend for non us residents? Travelling to the US in a few days and will try to open an account for my USA LLC, I will be visiting branches in NYC
Unfortunately I do not have the ITIN.

Reactions: yngmind
Does it make sense to open your company in New Mexico and then open a bank account in a Miami or New York branch? I wonder if that can make problems as well.
No from what I have heard it should be no problem to open a bank account in a different state
It does make a difference, some banks wont take it but if you shop around and go in person you will find one

Reactions: 12345
It's also interesting what the IRS will think about the real US bank account. They can say you have nexus in the US, so you're liable to taxes.

I don't have experience with US banks, but I think the process is straightforward, and you can get your business bank account.

But I would contact the banks first, get their approval, then fly to the US.

Latest Threads