Our valued sponsor

3 interesting Tax questions

Mister Sir

Oct 3, 2022
NY
Visit site
1) What's the cheapest Lump Sum Flat Tax country.
2) What's a good Flat Tax "Hack" for capital gains, personal income or corp tax that you heard of without percentages involved.
3) What's a better country tax and life wise in Europe for an Americans- Gibraltar vs Georgia!

1)I just saw a video talking about Poland's flat tax system (applies to foreign income only) of 200,000 PLN = 50k USD, although comments under the video say you have to kick in an extra 25K USD donation.
2)Don't understand what you mean by 'hack' in this context - maybe you could give an example
3)Haven't been to either but geographically Gibraltar is much closer to places I'd want to be than Georgia. My Brit friend said Gibraltar is expensive and full of retirees and from what he had heard, it wasn't that great a place to live, but it is driving distance from some spectacular places in Spain/Portugal.

Reactions: jafo
Dear world citizen
u asked what meant "by hack" let me give u some examples

1) I heard Switzerland has a $100,000 lump sum tax however if your a European citizen that's chopped down to 50,000 I heard....
2) If you want a hack for Mcdonalds-
A)u can buy a hamburger with big Mac sauce instead of big Mac price
B) If you want to drink soda all day go to the McDonald's where they let u self serve
C) Use the McDonald's app to get free stuff, cheaper stuff, and not wait in line..
D) Get free condiments...
3)!Put some water in your apple juice for less sugar and more volume.
4) use a rock instead of a hammer in a pinch
5) use a non full member AARP card to get discounts at 30 yrs old lol haha ...do u get my drift?????

6) use the 1 to 2 dollar bus that the locals know instead of the 100 taxi

Reactions: jafo
2) What's a good Flat Tax "Hack" for capital gains, personal income or corp tax that you heard of without percentages involved.

If you're an American and have a good income then your issue might be less with the destination country than with the IRS.

Otherwise, the main "hack" is to have passive income from a no-tax jurisdiction and live in a territorial tax jurisdiction.

3) What's a better country tax and life wise in Europe for an Americans- Gibraltar vs Georgia!

I recommend a vacation first. The vibes are very, very different. Also the expats have quite a different profile.

Gibraltar is expensive, a mix of British and Spanish vibe. Quite small.

Georgia has village life in the mountains, where you can get a big place, raise chickens or whatever. And then Tbilisi is over a million people with a metro system, Western-ish supermarkets and malls. Power cuts, water outages, missing manhole covers on the sidewalk. Also a vibrant atmosphere, great food, lots of atmosphere.

Georgian culture is quite different. I've met Americans here who absolutely love Georgia but if you're used to US coastal city culture (and like it) then Georgia might not be a great fit.

Reactions: jafo and Mister Sir

Latest Threads