Our valued sponsor

99 problems and a country is one

Thanks @Fred . Have you got any reviews on offshorecorptalk that I can see mate?

Time is imperative on this so I need a company who can turn this around fast.

On the link you sent me it has all the countries you can get residence in who don’t comply to CRS when you are a resident. Why could I not go to any of these places instead?

Hearing to get a bank account in UAE is hard?

Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment​
Antigua and Barbuda
Permanent Residence Certificate​
Bahamas
Bahamas Economic Permanent Residency​
Bahrain
Bahrain Residence by Investment​
Barbados
Special Entry and Residence Permit​
Cyprus
Citizenship by Investment: Scheme for Naturalisation of Investors in Cyprus by Exception​
Cyprus
Residence by Investment​
Dominica
Citizenship by Investment​
Grenada
Grenada Citizenship by Investment​
Malta
Malta Individual Investor Programme​
Malta
Malta Residence and Visa Programme​
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Citizenship by Investment Saint Lucia​
Seychelles
Type 1 Investor Visa​
Turks and Caicos Islands
Permanent Residence Certificate via Undertaking and Investment in a Home​
Turks and Caicos Islands
Permanent Residence Certificate via Investment in a Designated Public Sector Project​
Turks and Caicos Islands
Permanent Residence Certificate via Investment in a Home or Business​
United Arab Emirates
UAE Residence by Investment​
Vanuatu
Development Support Programme​
Vanuatu
Self-Funded Visa​
Vanuatu
Land-Owner Visa​
Vanuatu
Investor Visa​

Thanks @Fred . Have you got any reviews on offshorecorptalk that I can see mate?

On the link you sent me it has all the countries you can get residence in who don’t comply to CRS when you are a resident. Why could I not go to any of these places instead?

Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda
Bahamas
Bahrain
Barbados
Cyprus
Citizenship by Investment: Scheme for Naturalisation of Investors in Cyprus by Exception​
Cyprus
Residence by Investment​
Dominica
Grenada
Malta
Malta
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Seychelles
Type 1 Investor Visa​
Turks and Caicos Islands
Turks and Caicos Islands
Permanent Residence Certificate via Investment in a Designated Public Sector Project​
Turks and Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
Self-Funded Visa​
Vanuatu
Land-Owner Visa​
Vanuatu
Investor Visa​
If you do it by yourself it'll probably be hard, if you have proper guidance it won't.

Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda
Bahamas
Bahrain
Barbados
Cyprus
Cyprus
Residence by Investment​
Dominica
Grenada
Malta
Malta
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Seychelles
Type 1 Investor Visa​
Turks and Caicos Islands
Turks and Caicos Islands
Turks and Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
Self-Funded Visa​
Vanuatu
Land-Owner Visa​
Vanuatu
Investor Visa​
See our thread here

What you have mentioned are all Investor Visa or Citizenship by Investment programs that come at 100.000$+.

Maybe you don't mind paying the 10x to get a 2nd passport but then again you are at the bottom of the barrel with a Vanuatu Passport when it comes to any reliable banking. So you limit yourself pretty much especially if you have a top tier passport anyway.

You need to have someone that links you with the right bank for your project needs, fits to your trackrecord and even fits to your patience.

Everything can be managed in the UAE with several banks that all have there own way to work and internal policy that are frequently monitored by us.

All in all its the ease of things why everything on the list beside of UAE is pretty unattractive as it comes with more bureaucracy and setup times of several months etc.

Please get back to topic guys. This is not a thread about a particular service!

Not sure if it's helpful, but for my own plan, which surrounds getting a very large sum in the next few years.. I am setting up in Paraguay, which is tax exempt for foreign income (and only 10% if it's not). You can get a permanent residency by putting $5k into a bank account and get it in 5 weeks. They don't really have "tax residency" rules, i.e. no 183 day rule, but i've read 120 days is advisable. But obviously this is only an option if it's a country you'd also be interested in living, which I am. So it works very well for me, as I want to buy some land and grow some bananas ;)

I think no one mentioned an important aspect - green card or not, if the OP spent more than a few years in US already (in a row) and will spend >4 months in the year when he does the sales deal, the IRS will see him as "resident alien" who is expected to pay tax under same terms as any citizen, isn't it the case? (I might be wrong about the 4 months, maybe >183 days, but even if he'll get tax residency in another country during that year the IRS doesn't care, he's already "theirs" and he will owe them the cap gains tax or whatever else they'll decide to classify it as).
I'm not expert, but that's as far as I understand my own situation because I'm a few years in US and when cashing out some crypto this year I was like "ugh, so much tax to pay in 2022, maybe I should relocate before I'm even taxable this year in the US" :D but friends told me I'm already screwed and will pay the tax cos I spent most of the year in the US lol (not a green card holder, just a work visa). I've read the IRS website a bit and saw they're right, I'm screwed rof/%

Reactions: uplana
I think no one mentioned an important aspect - green card or not, if the OP spent more than a few years in US already (in a row) and will spend >4 months in the year when he does the sales deal, the IRS will see him as "resident alien" who is expected to pay tax under same terms as any citizen, isn't it the case? (I might be wrong about the 4 months, maybe >183 days, but even if he'll get tax residency in another country during that year the IRS doesn't care, he's already "theirs" and he will owe them the cap gains tax or whatever else they'll decide to classify it as).
I'm not expert, but that's as far as I understand my own situation because I'm a few years in US and when cashing out some crypto this year I was like "ugh, so much tax to pay in 2022, maybe I should relocate before I'm even taxable this year in the US" :D but friends told me I'm already screwed and will pay the tax cos I spent most of the year in the US lol (not a green card holder, just a work visa). I've read the IRS website a bit and saw they're right, I'm screwed rof/%
200% Correct, hence my first comment in this thread, halt green card process and get lost from US faster then the political incorrect Speedy Gonzalez…always remember Saverin, the other founder of Facebook, he moved to Singapore and quit US citizenship (he is Brazilian) before the IPO, so you always must consider which benefit the US card gives to you (employment, benefits, networking…) before marrying Uncle Sam/IRS.

200% Correct, hence my first comment in this thread, halt green card process and get lost from US faster then the political incorrect Speedy Gonzalez…always remember Saverin, the other founder of Facebook, he moved to Singapore and quit US citizenship (he is Brazilian) before the IPO, so you always must consider which benefit the US card gives to you (employment, benefits, networking…) before marrying Uncle Sam/IRS.
I wonder if the IRS can enforce anything outside US though, if it's a "debt" obligation and not "criminal case" (evasion/lies/on purpose) since owing $ to them is not an offence but just financial obligation and they can "collect" if you have anything in US, but can they "collect" abroad if you're not US citizen? I think they cannot collect from "resident aliens" who are not GC holders or citizens ns2 but I'm not sure. Just curious how would they prove to some other country that a person owes them something. And what are their thresholds of decision "whether it's worth going after X in Y country to collect Z amount of $", probably starting from hundreds of thousands owed, not tens of thousands. Current IRS is underfunded and are not even going that much after locals, but new bill will inject more funds (they're hiring 80k people I've read) so they'll probably pick up the past records and will try to audit and collect from every single boy and his grandma, up to 6 years retroactively (people who got lost from there and did not file for 6+ years and haven't been there, are "gone" for them, but all others might get surprise letters that they owe something in recent years). In any case, I personally don't want to have a bad sleep since it's priceless for me, so I'm gonna pay everything and anything I might owe, next year, but that's a really interesting topic since they're the most fun tax agency in the world... Hollywood should make a movie about IRS.

Reactions: Risehigh
I wonder if the IRS can enforce anything outside US though, if it's a "debt" obligation and not "criminal case" (evasion/lies/on purpose) since owing $ to them is not an offence but just financial obligation and they can "collect" if you have anything in US, but can they "collect" abroad if you're not US citizen? I think they cannot collect from "resident aliens" who are not GC holders or citizens ns2 but I'm not sure. Just curious how would they prove to some other country that a person owes them something. And what are their thresholds of decision "whether it's worth going after X in Y country to collect Z amount of $", probably starting from hundreds of thousands owed, not tens of thousands. Current IRS is underfunded and are not even going that much after locals, but new bill will inject more funds (they're hiring 80k people I've read) so they'll probably pick up the past records and will try to audit and collect from every single boy and his grandma, up to 6 years retroactively (people who got lost from there and did not file for 6+ years and haven't been there, are "gone" for them, but all others might get surprise letters that they owe something in recent years). In any case, I personally don't want to have a bad sleep since it's priceless for me, so I'm gonna pay everything and anything I might owe, next year, but that's a really interesting topic since they're the most fun tax agency in the world... Hollywood should make a movie about IRS.
Would love to hear more from that. Also why is dubai praised? They sold data sets to germany lately

Would love to hear more from that. Also why is dubai praised? They sold data sets to germany lately
1. Dubai didn't sell any data, the source remains anonymous
2. The data is used to go after people hiding the money, not to go after people who are legally residents there and are doing everything legal which is what people have suggested OP doing

Reactions: tyrexoid and uplana
What's the point of discussing who sold what, fact is data is sold and you can risk your personal data is already sold to some government. You need to relocate, once you have done so, you can rest in piece.

What's the point of discussing who sold what, fact is data is sold and you can risk your personal data is already sold to some government. You need to relocate, once you have done so, you can rest in piece.
To rest in "piece" actually reminds me that in some of the gulf countries people indeed rest in more than a single piece rof/% . How safe is UAE really, is it as stable as the western world like the US/Europe, or at any time the ISIS can come over for a visit, and start cutting everyone's heads? ns3

To rest in "piece" actually reminds me that in some of the gulf countries people indeed rest in more than a single piece rof/% . How safe is UAE really, is it as stable as the western world like the US/Europe, or at any time the ISIS can come over for a visit, and start cutting everyone's heads? ns3
There have been way more terrorist attacks in top tier EU countries than in UAE, so I'd say you're pretty safe

At least nobody put you in jail just to say a family is a man and a woman…

Latest Threads