Our valued sponsor

A few useful tools for windows

For the privacy oriented guys (yet, who still use windows), I will contribute to the forum with two useful tools I found to help for windows (10 in my case) users. Feel free to share yours, or comment on these.

Shut up windows 10/11: O&O ShutUp10++ – Free antispy tool for Windows 10 and 11
Help get more control over windows 10/11 and the craziness of info it "steals" from you in the background. Really worth the use, you will learn that microsoft loves to upload your clipboard for instance...

Simple wall : simplewall
I am not expert security, and I imagine it has its limitations, but this is a user friendly type of firewall that adds itself on top of the windows firewall. With a tiny bit of knowledge or common sense, it will help you control easily what comes out of your computer. Like the telemetry from various application that you have installed on your computer, or office application needlessly (in my case at least) communication through Internet.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
lol I rarely use windows but I exactly use both.
Simplewall (learn really how to use it) saved my a*s from a ransomware. oo shutup just gives a little peace of mind when having my fingers on a recent windows pc...
11 is better than 10, but with the right mods and stuff disabled... otherwise is really logging everything you do and sending it to Mr. Bill.
best thing is drop windows and use it only when you really need it.

sadly is not enough as backdoors are in the hardware and completely bypass the OS!

What makes windows 11 better than 10 for you ? Just curious.

Could you tell more about the backdoors please ? Like who can use them and what do they need to target a specific target ? Let's say if the target does not use a microsoft account and use a vpn everywhere.

I have tried to go with Linux Mint for instance, but despite all their good efforts to be user friendly, it was not still enough for me... or was it about lack of compatibilities for some specific programs. I cant remember exaclty.

Last edited:

Latest Threads