Our valued sponsor

A Third Party General Partner ( 0% Shares ) of Scottish LP too risky for Malta Setup?

uncreative

Oct 23, 2022
france
Visit site
Hi, I am in the process of setting up the Malta setup with a tax agency.

The structure will be as follows: Active Malta Ltd --> Malta Holding Ltd --> Scottish LP

The additional Malta Holding is to avoid the 6/7 refund, so a direct tax pay of 5% is possible, a good improvement so you dont have to wait of refund. Less opportunity costs.
Maybe this is helpful for others who choose Malta for a Setup.

I will own 100% of the Scottish LP shares at the end of the chain. However, only as a limited partner, as a general partner, a company from Hong Kong is registered with the agency, but with 0% shares. The agency explained to me that it is important to legally receive the dividends outside of Malta. So far I have no problem with that, as the agency seems very serious.

I just have one question, since I would also like to acquire a small office with my Malta Ltd:

After all, doesnt the general partner of Scottish LP have complete control over the company and the management of the companies if he wants to?

And could he theoretically replace me as Director of Malta Ltd and then sell my property against my will, for example below market value?

Is there this or any other risk at all? And if so, what rights would I have as a Scottish LP Limited Partner to prevent this?

Latest Threads