Our valued sponsor

Adult related company in Gibraltar

I'm trying to open an Offshore company in Gibraltar. Even if I will not produce or sell on my behalf any adult content or services I will receive some payments from companies activating in this sector. I've already contacted a reputable service recommended on this forum (the guys from Formaco.gi ) for opening the company but they politely refused me as I was straight with them regarding some of my income sources. So, based on your experience, do you think is possible to find a trusted service who will help me to open and to maintain a company in Gibraltar even if some of this company income will come from partners activating in adult industry? Any recommendation is appreciated. Thanks.

Could try Hassans, Ellul, or Sovereign Trust. They might be comfortable with it, if you can prove that the sources are completely legal and fully vetted. But if you come to them as a brand new client and a new business, it's a tough sell.

I think the problem is nominee director. Someone is assuming personal liability is going to be a problem when you're in industries like this. Can you appoint/provide your own director?

You can be director if you want. It's just very common in Gibraltar to have a nominee director and nominee shareholding, so that your name isn't on public record.

Form-A-Co is quite popular and cheap, but they don't have a high risk appetite. Even being related to adult puts you in the high-risk category. That alone must've been why Form-A-Co said no, unfortunately.

If this will help me opening the company I can act as a nominee director. I can get over the lack of privacy in this case. The guys from Form-A-Co were fast and ready to help until the adult related incomes were brought in discussion. Do you have any personal recommendation between Hassans, Ellul and Sovereign Trust? Which do you think is more tolerant? I appreciate your advice.

You can be director if you want. It's just very common in Gibraltar to have a nominee director and nominee shareholding, so that your name isn't on public record.
does this really apply for Gibraltar in 2021 / 2022 ? I thought the time where this was possible anywhere on earth was over?

Reactions: Kadster
I believe you're referring to UBO registers. There is a UBO registry in Gibraltar, but being UBO is not formal engagement in a company like directorship or shareholding are. So perhaps more precisely worded, your name isn't on the company documents. It's still disclosed to the government and can be known to the public through the UBO register.

Latest Threads